Unwelcomed Belly Rubbing *rant*

liveandlove04

Reaction score
I've been at my job for many years now so everyone knows me. I only told about 4 people but everyone also knows that I'm pregnant which is fine. But the unwelcomed belly rubs have got to go. I have a male coworker who I can't stand - we once got into an argument because I declined going on a date with him and he flipped a lunch table over on me. Well the other day I was talking to a coworker and he came up and rubbed my belly and I almost broke his damn wrist. Why does EVERYONE think that they are allowed to touch me? And why am I a bitch when I let them know otherwise?!

Rub his belly back next time someone does it to show them just how in appropriate it is to touch someone without thier permission. Should stop pretty quick

I isually only had elderly women do this to me I don't know if in their time it was more accepted to do this but on occasion I had randoms people on buses do it to me and its just kind of rude . I they had even asked me , " can I feel you tummy or can I see if te baby will kick" it would have been different and I probably would have been different and I wouldn't have been so uncomfortable

He smells bad so I won't be touching him lol.. But I do thank you for replying. I was wondering if I was just being rude because i think it's rude not to ask first.

God I HATE this. I dot. Mind with friends or family but I bloody hate it when people I don't know do it! I would never go up and rub someone's belly I don't know!
I just tend to take a step back or to the side if it looks like someone is going to touch me, or if I have a cardigan I just wrap it round or out my bag in front of me. I also see people touching babies they don't know when they are in the pram etc. I think that is going to freak me out even more!! I'm totally relaxed about everything with pregnancy and childrearing but there is something about this that I just HATE!
I know people think its kind of rude to say anything but I really don't care, I don't want people I don't know touching me or my baby. I just wish there was a more polite way to do it!

I hated having my belly rubbed by others. If its a woman reach out and grab a boob. Bet she won't rub your belly again.

I had a pretty fantastic scowl for anyone who looked like they were going to try and touch me, I actually only had a handful of people of do it and that was family and a couple of friends, all who asked or were asked! I did see a fantastic t shirt on a girl who was fed up of being rubbed which said in big bold letters 'touch my belly, I'll break your arm'. Harsh but very too the point!!

Hate it, like I just don't understand why people think its okay to cross that line? OHs friend who hates me and has only agreed to meet me twice since ive been with OH rubbed my belly the other day. Like wth?

I hate that!! Family anyone, I just don't want anyone coming up to me and rubbing my belly :haha:

I would slap someone if they touched my belly without asking!!!

I wore a maxi dress so I was poofy today, now I am very newly pregnant but I was very bloated today so it caused a tiny bulge, this lady I use to work with asked me when the baby was due and touched my belly. I said March and that is just gas not the baby. There was uncomfortable laughter, and she quickly took her hand away.:haha:

I'd likely have slapped him, no one has the right to just grab you!

I've only had one person rub my belly and I told her very bluntly I didn't like it, she's not done it since.

A random girl in my local pub started rubbing my belly whilst all the regular customers looked at her in horror. I screamed "STOP TOUCHING ME!!"...she backed off pretty quickly & the whole pub burst out laughing. I have a strict 'no ask, no touch' policy that's now quite well known ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->