UPDATE: 6 dpo opk almost positive?

dakotadawn

Reaction score
Hey ladies!
I'm just trying to sort out what is happening to my body right now. I switched birth controls last month. I had been on a triphasic, but i switched to a monophasic on the 10th of january. My bod really didn't like it.

Ultrasound confirmed that I ovulated on the 19th or 20th, even though I was on birth control. I started breakthrough bleeding on the 27th, but i wasn't due for my placebo week until the 31st.

I quit taking birth control when that pack was done. I need to give my body a break. So I've been off of birth control for 12 days. I bled for 9 days, which is way more than I normally do with or without birth control.

Out of curiosity, I tested for ovulation yesterday and today just to see, both are (I believe) negative. I'm cd 15 and 16 if i go by when I started bleeding, and 12 if i go by when I stopped taking birth control. I'll attach a photo, and try to attach my chart too.

I know my body is just trying to correct itself, but I'm a tad confused. Should I be ovulating right now? What do you think? I'm not TTC right now either.

Attachments

• 2015-02-11 11.12.48.jpg
    2015-02-11 11.12.48.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 13
Hey. Birth control can really mess you up! When I came off BC it took me 8 months to ovulate! I'm not saying that you'll be anywhere near that long, but you should expect it to take maybe at least a few cycles to start going back to 'normal'. Everyone's different. You're body might adjust really quickly and be back to normal in no time. Best advice is to wait it out for the moment.
Sorry that's not much use to you, but it's all you can do. If you start to get concerned about it, visit your GP. Good luck! Xx

The last time I came off of them I went right in to a perfect cycle. My cycles were always 25 days on the dot, except for a few instances I can count on one hand. For 2.5 years. I tested again today and it looks exactly like these other two. I'm not feeling tender breasts at all, although I am bloated.

Before, I remember, it was tender from o time until af came. So I'm just not sure what my body is doing this time.

Is this almost positive?

Attachments

• 2015-02-15 09.13.22.jpg
    2015-02-15 09.13.22.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 18
Getting there. Should be the next day or so x

Can anyone help me figure out what is going on or if I ovulated?!I have absolutely no pms symptoms besides crampy, but that's an every say thing for me with endometriosis.

Attachments

• 2015-02-17 09.20.16.jpg
    2015-02-17 09.20.16.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 10
So today I was checking my cm and there's a bit of spotting. HALP. What is going on?

Looks like you might have Od on CD21 according to your chart. I couldnt see the T or C markers on your OPKs so I wasnt sure which one was which. The test line needs to be darker or as dark as the control line for an OPK to be positive. As for your temping, if you have another 1 or 2 high temps like your last few, this will probably confirm O and you will be onto your luteal phase. Looks like you timed BD well too.... GL x

P.S you wouldnt get PMS symptoms (caused by progesterone) until the follicle has released an egg and thus releasing progesterone. So hold off symptom spotting/pms spotting for a day or 2 x

So according to my app, I ovulated on Sunday, which I was kind of expecting because I was in a lot of crampy pain during the day on Sunday. So the spotting came on Tuesday, which would have been 2 dpo (on 3 dpo my temp dropped to.2 above my cover line, but cam back up th last two days). I'm now 5 dpo and the only symptoms I'm having is gassy. No bloat, no moodiness, no breast tenderness.

Just an update.

Sounds like implantation? Could you have Od earlier? Where can we see your chart?

I could have ovulated earlier, while I was still bleeding, and not known it. I bled for 10 days which is not normal for me. and I took an opk today that is almost positive. It's NOT positive, but it's much much darker than my earlier ones this month. It's exactly as dark as my one on Sunday morning.

This is my 6 dpo opk. also, check out my chart from yesterday. Why are these opks* so bright?

Attachments

• 2015-02-21 08.00.43.jpg
    2015-02-21 08.00.43.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel