*update* FSH on high end of normal?

hopingforit

Reaction score
I just checked my lab results online and the normal range for the day 3 FSH is 2.5-10.2

My results are 10.2 and I am extremely nervous about this. The Dr said they would call me if the results were abnormal and online this is listed at normal but .1 point more and it wouldn't have been good? Is this number too high? I'm only 20 and didn't expect to have a number that high. My estradiol is normal at 24 but the FSH really worries me. If anyone has had CD 3 tests and can give me some insight that would be great. I'm nervous. Could this be contributing to my inability to conceive? Thank you.

Sorry hoping, I haven't had any testing so I have no idea what all the levels mean. I hope someone on here has info for you. *hugs*

Thank you. I'm sort of freaking out and I badly want to call the fertility line at the Dr but don't want to seem weird because they said they would call me if something was off.

I am sure you won't be the first (or last) person to call to double check. My opinion is that obviously we expect the docs to know everything, but sometimes it's up to us to question things and be sure it's right. I vote for you to go ahead and call. And it just may put your mind at rest. :)

I just checked my lab results online and the normal range for the day 3 FSH is 2.5-10.2

My results are 10.2 and I am extremely nervous about this. The Dr said they would call me if the results were abnormal and online this is listed at normal but .1 point more and it wouldn't have been good? Is this number too high? I'm only 20 and didn't expect to have a number that high. My estradiol is normal at 24 but the FSH really worries me. If anyone has had CD 3 tests and can give me some insight that would be great. I'm nervous. Could this be contributing to my inability to conceive? Thank you.

What was it measured in u/l or n/mnol etc?? what's the units?

xx

They didn't do LH. They did FSH/estradiol on day 3 and Prog/TSH/PRL on day 21.

They didn't do LH. They did FSH/estradiol on day 3 and Prog/TSH/PRL on day 21.

Very strange that they didnt test your LH, as you kind of need that to compare to the FSH levels to see what's going on. I would go back and ask for it as they have obviously left it out and it think that will just be an oversight.

I've had CD3 and CD 21 done.

xx

Oh, that's weird. They have two premade lab tests (infertility and infertility (age)) so I guess they don't include it for anyone. I will ask them about it.

I actually did leave a message with the fertility hotline so I am just waiting for a call back.

Oh, that's weird. They have two premade lab tests (infertility and infertility (age)) so I guess they don't include it for anyone. I will ask them about it.

I actually did leave a message with the fertility hotline so I am just waiting for a call back.

Im in uk so things maybe work a bit different here.

But yeah ask them why they didnt take LH, comparing the ratio between LH and FSH is usually the first step in diagnosing things like PCOS etc...

I hope you get to the bottom of things, dont let them palm you off either you know what doctors can be like!

Good luck with TTC i am sure you will get there, i never thought i would get there either but here i am! - it will happen my lovely, hang in there! xx

I am glad you called. :hugs:

Thank you for telling me to call. You're right that I shouldn't be afraid to call. It's better that I set my mind at ease. I'm just waiting around now for the call. Hopefully they don't take long. :thumbup:

Im in uk so things maybe work a bit different here.

But yeah ask them why they didnt take LH, comparing the ratio between LH and FSH is usually the first step in diagnosing things like PCOS etc...

I hope you get to the bottom of things, dont let them palm you off either you know what doctors can be like!

Good luck with TTC i am sure you will get there, i never thought i would get there either but here i am! - it will happen my lovely, hang in there! xx

Thank you. I actually have my HSG on Wednesday but my RE is on vacation so he won't be the one doing it or I would be able to ask him about it there. I think I'll probably have to wait to ask until I have my appointment going over all of the results. I don't know when that is yet.

I really do hope I get there. I know my insurance will pay for IUI so if it comes to that, at least I'll be covered.

Congrats on your pregnancy :hugs:

I got a call from the fertility line this morning. The nurse said my number shouldn't cause a problem in TTC (lol I'm already having a problem). I'll have to talk to the Dr about it but she said the number isn't too high. Although from what I've read online, it is higher than it should be at my age but the worry is less because my eggs should be good quality and my Estradiol is low which makes stimulation of the ovaries from medicine like Clomid work better than if it were higher with a higher FSH. I'm still worried because that is the only test that came back higher than I thought it would but I have an HSG tomorrow so I will have to see how that turns out. I feel a little better though. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->