update good and bad. ALOT OF WORRIES.

teenmommy15

Reaction score
So went to my appointment today and the doctor said they worried cause the baby isnt growing at a fast enough rate and they think theirs something wrong with her. They said im not going to make it to full term and i'll most likely be brought in around 34 weeks to have the baby they'll tell me the day i'll be brought in tomorrow. im currently 28 weeks and 2 days. i had to get a shot today and need to get one tomorrow to make her lungs be fully grown by 34 weeks. im so worried that i'll loose her or that she wont come out healthy.:cry: what do you guys think? any suggestions or advice would be lovely <3

good part is my little girl might come early and that all her measurements and heartbeat are great she's just really underweight.

Oh hun! Gosh that can't be good for your stress levels hey. I'm sure she's fine she just wants to be out with her mum quicker :) Aslong as you've got a good doctor, and good people around you, you can be assured that everything that can be done to keep your daughter healthy will be done. My thoughts and prayers are with you :hugs:

hey hon, didn't want to read and run. i know 34 weeks seems a bit too early, and it all seems even more scary given your young age. the lung shot you are getting works quite fast and you're being monitored and treated in time so try not to panic too much.
as far as i know, from what the hospitals are capable of doing now, anything above 30 weeks for a baby should be safe, although not the easiest path of course.

most of the babies in my family were born a month before the due date and everything went well.

plus, usually teen mom babies are said to be small. i hope you'll get better news on your next check!

Its definitely not but im trying not to stress for the baby. Im hoping everything goes smoothly <3 Thank you for the support girls, really need it right now <3

:hugs: They can say that, but no one will know until it happens, you do just get small babies too, try not to worry too much - easier said than done I know :flow:

Why are they saying the lack of growth? How far is the baby behind? Ultrasounds can be off a fair bit, not saying not to trust your doctor. But, don't allow them to do anything you aren't comfortable with, sending thoughts to you!

That's true ultrasounds can be off quite a bit on the weight. I wrote you on facebook already, but like I said hun try not to stress jus take care of the both of you! Your doctor knows what hes doing. We are all here for you!

well about 3-4 weeks ago they said that her growth was lagging behind and that they wanted to keep a closer eye on me so i went their(Mercy hospital) 1 every weeks to get ultrasounds down and at my latest one yesterday they say she's not growing at a fast enough rate, she's growing but not a good rate she about 4-9 oz off then she should be. So now i goto Mercy hospital, Sisters hospital and my OB every week i have 2 appointments at Sisters 1 at Mercy and 1 at my OB, My OB will be delivering my baby at Sisters. so their going to find out whats wrong with her and get her out at a healthy time to ensure she's healthy because she's not growing in my tummy and with modern technology they can keep her in the hospital for about 3 weeks fattening her up if she's to small which i dont want to leave my baby girl in the hospital for 3 weeks but i do want her to be healthy so whatever it takes.

But lastnight i started showing signs of early labor and still are, no contractions, water hasnt but having very strong back pain that isnt like my normal back pain ive gotten through pregnancy, baby is putting alot of pressure of my pelvis and hasnt kicked since yesterday around 2 i have to go back to the hospital today to get another shot and i'll tell them whats going on.

:hugs: It sounds like your doctor is doing everything they can to get you two best prepared, so try not to stress too much. I know it's hard not to, but just focus on the fact that you'll get to see Ms. Sadie Mae soon. For the labor signs- my doctor gave me a paper that has a list of things to do to try to reduce the signs if you'd like me to find it and PM you what it says. :flower:

Yeah she's a great doctor.:) All my doctors are. Im trying not to. But yes i cant wait to meet my little girl :happydance: If you could i would gladly appreciate it thanks so much <3 :):hugs:

Yeah she's a great doctor.:) All my doctors are. Im trying not to. But yes i cant wait to meet my little girl :happydance: If you could i would gladly appreciate it thanks so much <3 :):hugs:
Sounds like you two are being well taken care of then. :) I'll go look for it now! I hope it can help you some.

definitely!:) im 15 i would not trust just any doctor with my first born:) Thanks :)

:hugs: I bet it's so hard for you! I can't wait to meet my little girl but I bet it's scary knowing that she will be early and need monitoring for her weight :( I hope everything goes smoothly! Have you heard any more from the doctors or anything different?xx

I will!!

and sadly i havent heard anything different yet i have an appointment at 4 and we'll see what they decide from their. Most likely they'll keep in the hospital until shes ready to deliver or i'll have her now and they'll keep her in the hospital until she's fat enough to come home. but if they send me home, im going to be monitored 4 times a week. by 2 hospitals and my OB.

Ugh that sounds rubbish! You're really brave for being so calm through this! I'm not sure I could be :) try to keep us updated if you can if they do decide to keep you in, I hope everything goes smoothly :) xx

thanks! im trying to be, just hoping for the best. but i dont believe much in hope so not going so well its been a stressful last couple of hours. I will! thank you for the wishes and support <3

Yeah I bet too:/ but focus on the positives, like someone said there's a really good chance everything will be fine, they'll more than likely monitor her for a while but she'll be in the perfect place! And you get to meet her early! I'm jealous ;) no problem! Hope everything's okay in your appointment xx

Sending good thoughts out to you Beth <3 Please keep us updated xxx :hugs:

Hey girls!! At my appointment now they've been monitoring the baby for about an hour now everything looks great besides her weight of course but tons of movement and excellent heartbeat!! They are deciding what they want to do with me but baby's doing good and that's all that matters! I'll keep you guys updated on weather they're going to admit me or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->