UPDATE: Now been taken off Ranitidine for suspected Gall Stones (I think).

3rd day of ranitidine and im feeling very dizzy (head spun out) and nausious for most of the day, wonder if its a side effect...

i think the reason the doc i saw didnt think it was gallstones is because i havent thrown up or felt sick during a rib attack.

Hey hun,

You don't HAVE to feel sick or throw up for it to be gallstone related.

I've suffered non stop for nearly 3 years with mine and have never ever been sick.

All I can suggest is that you get yourself down A&E every time you have an attack. Don't let them fob you off. I'd spent so long being fobbed off and constantly being ill before I finally had it all confirmed. They gave me the run around because I was told I was too young to suffer from it and that I didn't really fit the bill for it due to not being overweight either. (I have finally been put on the list for surgery!)

You could ask to be referred for a scan to check for stones?

3rd day of ranitidine and im feeling very dizzy (head spun out) and nausious for most of the day, wonder if its a side effect...

i think the reason the doc i saw didnt think it was gallstones is because i havent thrown up or felt sick during a rib attack.

Hey hun,

You don't HAVE to feel sick or throw up for it to be gallstone related.

I've suffered non stop for nearly 3 years with mine and have never ever been sick.

All I can suggest is that you get yourself down A&E every time you have an attack. Don't let them fob you off. I'd spent so long being fobbed off and constantly being ill before I finally had it all confirmed. They gave me the run around because I was told I was too young to suffer from it and that I didn't really fit the bill for it due to not being overweight either. (I have finally been put on the list for surgery!)

You could ask to be referred for a scan to check for stones?

Thanks hun, after a night of acid reflux and throwing up (v unusual for me) I went docs again even though I had been the day before as the doc then was useless, she gave me painkillers, said it was a muscular strain... so I asked to see the top doc and she said straight away, maybe gallstone, ill get you sent for a scan! wooohooos at last, just waiting for the referral to come through, im on omeprazole and these antispasm pills which seem to have helped so far, im anxious though as its been 4 days since an attack and usually it doesnt go for more than 6 days without a bad nighttime attack. do you think they will pick up on what the issue is with an ultrasound or can gallstones sometimes be 'hidden' and do they tell you there and then if theyve seen something or do they just report it back to your doc to give the news?

Usually stones can be found easily on an ultrasound, although they may want to do an MRI scan.

I'm so pleased you stuck to your guns! Go you :happydance:

Gallstones are nasty and I totally sympathise with you with the pain and anxiety with it. I've been so ill with mine and ended up with infections, been hospitalized too many times because I was fobbed off, so make sure you dig your heels in and get the treatment you need :hugs:

Usually stones can be found easily on an ultrasound, although they may want to do an MRI scan.

I'm so pleased you stuck to your guns! Go you :happydance:

Gallstones are nasty and I totally sympathise with you with the pain and anxiety with it. I've been so ill with mine and ended up with infections, been hospitalized too many times because I was fobbed off, so make sure you dig your heels in and get the treatment you need :hugs:

Thanks again, the doc I saw on Monday treated me like a complete idiot, she said after I told her my symptoms "what do you want me to do about it"? arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you tell me you're supposed to be the doc! i asked to be referred for a scan of my ribcage ad she was shocked and said, who told you about a scan, there's no such thing as a scan of your ribcage as i had mentioned gallstones and she shook her head, so i was completely stopped in my tracks after that! mad! she seemed to think it was because i am lifting a 6mnth old. so glad i went back and asked for a different doc!

If you have another attack go to the out of hours GP when your in pain, i know its the last thing you want to do when in that much pain, i found A&E usless as by the time i was seen 6 hours later the attack had gone and i was sent home.

When i saw the out of hours they called the ward and said i needed to be admitted. so much better that way, i got a scan the next morning, pain meds etc. i waited over a year before i did that, and i really wish i had just done it sooner. if nothing happens that time, the next time do the same, if you keep going back they will have to run all investigations and sort you out.

i still think it sounds like gallstones, you dont get attacks of muscular pain, next attack get yourself in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->