Update pg3. Dog neglect nextdoor, not sure to report?..

CumbrianMummy

Reaction score
We've lived here for round 9 months and theres a husky dog in a kennel outside in the back garden and a whippet/greyhound dog kept in the house which always howls. I haven't actually seen the inside dog but the week before we moved in my mum was round doing decorating alot and seen the dog twice and said it was a whippet type dog.

I've noticed since about a month before xmas the dog outside never gets walked or let out of the kennel and hasn't been cleaned out for around 3 weeks now as i've been having a look every few days and the floor of the kennel is covered in poo.

Theres a woman who lives next door who i've never actually seen but heard talking while in the garden, her son moved out a month or so before xmas after alot of arguing and police turning up and stuff.

i'm really not sure what to do, i feel for the dog as it never gets let out, never gets walked, infact the dog lead is hanging up all rusty on the dog kennel in the same place as before the son moved out.

i know if i report it then nextdoor will know it was us that reported them as you can only see into their garden from our bedroom window.

What would you do? x

I'd just report if you are sure!

The dog is surrounded by its own poop-poor thing. Dogs such as huskies and whippets need exercise.
I wonder if the dogs fight and that's why they are separate?

I would report them-no dog should have to sit it a kennal all the time, surrounded by poop. :-(

I'd report it. It'd be no question if it was a child neglected, it should be the same for an animal. I've reported a family member and friends in the past.

I understand why you wouldn't want the neighbour to know it was you who reported it, but this is abuse. I wouldn't give two shits if the neighbour knew it was me, doing the right thing is much more important.

Please be the voice for this poor dog who is suffering :(

Report!!

But I understand why you are on the fence about reporting it, my neighbor leaves his dogs out ALL day and night, even when it's freezing or raining. I really really really want to report him, but my husband told me he would be super pissed at me. Plus, they do have a cover, which technically (although it shouldn't) makes it okay.

It has shelter and a small kennel for sleeping inside the kennel. I guess i can't prove it doesn't get walked even tho i know it doesn't as the woman is never in. And it then makes me question if the dogs getting fed? as i'm not sure if she'd go out and feed it everyday and still leave all the poo on the kennel floor?

I read the little bit on the rspca site lastnight about reporting and it says you have to give your name and address or they won't take it serious and won't investigate..

I'll have a look out after i get back from taking DD1 to nursery and if it still hasn't been cleaned out i'll phone them.. I took a photo yesterday too, its not a great one but not sure if i should mention this. x

You probably will have to give a name and address but the RSPCA shouldn't give them any information as to who made the report.
If the dog isn't being walked they should be able to tell by looking at it's condtion-overgrown nails, loss of muscle mass etc, poor thing :-(

The SPCA do take your name but they won't tell your neighbour. You can ask them to reassure you of this but I know that's their policy, at least where I'm from. I think it's a good idea to mention that you have a photo as well and can email it to them.

Please, please phone them today. That poor dog is suffering out there in the cold, probably hungry and thirsty and covered in his own poo :(

They won't tell your neighbour your name. Please report it, sounds like the dog is living in filthy conditions and being confined to a tiny space constantly which is horrible :( cannot stand people who don't treat animals properly.

Please report it, it does sound like animal cruelty to me :(

Ugh that's horrible. I don't understand why anyone would treat an animal like that, surely if you don't care about your dog enough to even walk it you should give it up to the RSPCA so someone else can treat it right! Will you let us know how you get on with reporting?

Thanks everyone for the replies. I've just phoned them now while my 2 girls were having a quiet moment. I had to give my name and address but was told no-one would get told who had reported. The woman said its been sent to an officer that will call round. x

You've definitely done the right thing hun! Poor dog :( x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->