Update pg3. Dog neglect nextdoor, not sure to report?..

Good for you! If it's howling all the time, anybody who could hear it could have reported it - they wouldn't necessarily have to see the poo etc to be concerned.

The dog inside the house howls not the dog outside. Theres 3 houses in a small row, i'm the house in the middle of the 3 and no houses either end so i guess i'm the only house that can hear the howling too. I think they'll prob know it was me who phoned but can't prove it.. i've never spoken or seen next door, and after i told my mam today she said she knows of nextdoor from years ago and they are quite rough and hope they don't cause trouble.

Hoping they'll either get a warning and start looking after the outside dog properly or give it up for the rspca to rehome. x

I phoned up last wed afternoon and i've been having a look every day and it looks like no-one has been round as the kennel is still full of poo and hasn't been cleaned out.

I noticed nextdoor had put some clothes on the line so had obv been in her garden and not cleaned the kennel. x

Call them back. I am so sad for that poor dog.

I've just had a phone call from a rspca officer and she told me that she had been round to the house and the woman showed them the lurcher type dog that lives in the house and then told them that she didn't have any other dogs just the lurcher in the house which the rspca woman said was fine. But then asked me how the dog in the garden was and i said it was still the same which it is, still hasn't been cleaned out or anything and she said she can't get to the other dog without the owners permission but will continue to investigate it. x

Could you invite the RSPCA officer round to have a look out of your window or take a peek over your fence? Perhaps she can't do anything without seeing the dog first and probably can't demand to be let in, but if she can see the dog for herself she may be able to get access legally if she thinks the dog is suffering.

Take a photo from your window of the other dog to show RSPCA. Well dodgy she lied!
Good for you for reporting it.

What! So the rspca has had a call about an abused animal and have not even bothered to investigate. Of course the woman at the door is not going to say "oh yes come outside and see my caged dog surround by his own faeces" surely there is more a rspca officer can do? This makes me so cross that poor dog

The woman from the rspca phoned me again around 4pm but i missed the call and she left a voicemail asking if her collegue that didn't go to the womans house could come to mine in plain normal clothes and have a look at what i can see from my bedroom window as they can't get a warrent to see the dog without them seeing it before hand.

When the woman phoned this morning the dog was still surrounded by it's fecees but when i got back from picking my daughter up from nursery this afternoon the kennel had been cleaned out, for the first time in around 2 months!. I've actually got a photo that i took on my ipad 3 weeks ago before i phoned the rspca but obv it was alot worse before being cleaned out.

I'm willing to let the rspca officer come and see the dog from my window and they will probably then be able to get a warrent to then go and see the dog from the womans house but then how do they explain that they've seen the dog/know it is there without mentioning me??

Nextdoor probably know it was me who reported as you can only see inside the kennel from my back bedroom window but she can't prove it was me unless the rspca say it was me, which i hope they don't. x

The woman from the rspca phoned me again around 4pm but i missed the call and she left a voicemail asking if her collegue that didn't go to the womans house could come to mine in plain normal clothes and have a look at what i can see from my bedroom window as they can't get a warrent to see the dog without them seeing it before hand.

When the woman phoned this morning the dog was still surrounded by it's fecees but when i got back from picking my daughter up from nursery this afternoon the kennel had been cleaned out, for the first time in around 2 months!. I've actually got a photo that i took on my ipad 3 weeks ago before i phoned the rspca but obv it was alot worse before being cleaned out.

I'm willing to let the rspca officer come and see the dog from my window and they will probably then be able to get a warrent to then go and see the dog from the womans house but then how do they explain that they've seen the dog/know it is there without mentioning me??

Nextdoor probably know it was me who reported as you can only see inside the kennel from my back bedroom window but she can't prove it was me unless the rspca say it was me, which i hope they don't. x

She only cleaned out the kennel as she knew it was a matter of time before they'd be back :growlmad:

Yes-it looks dodgy they lied about the second dog, not sure how she will worm her way out of that one! I really feel for that poor dog :-(
Well done for continuing pushing for them to investigate the second dog :flower:

Cant believe she lied! And then cleaned it out!!! Both of those things indicate that she knows damn well that she has been neglecting the poor dog!!!!

I know. I can't believe she hung washing out last week and still didn't think to clean it out, she obv looked at it and seen all the poo. I'd just got in from picking my oldest up from nursery and heard two young lads finishing up the cleaning of the kennel and she thanked them, so looks like she can't do it herself for some reason but still that's no excuse to not do it at all for 2 months.

I found out the other day that her son got sent to jail around 2 months ago and the non cleaning of the kennel started then and he got 27 months so i hope she's not going to neglect the poor dog until he gets out.

The rspca woman or her colleague hasn't got back to me about coming round to mine to peek at the dog, she said she or her colleague would call me yesterday. Just waiting to see when they call me as they called me on a unknown number each time. xx

Good on you. I know this can't be easy for you, knowing that she must suspect it's you reporting the abuse. Just think though, if this was a baby or child being neglected, would you care that she knew it was you? This is another living being, with the right to a decent life and some love. So what does it matter if your scumbag neighbour knows that you're a good person who won't watch while a dog is neglected?

I'm so glad there are people like you in the world. At the very least, that wee soul isn't in a filthy kennel anymore, that's all because of you :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->