(UPDATE)This girl is in denial!!!! I think she is pregnant!

Shannen

Pregnant with My First
Reaction score
My friend hasnt had a period for one whole month. She had unprotected sex without BC pills during ovulation and she still hasnt seen any signs of AF, however she ridiculously believes there is no chance that she is pregnant.
UPDATE: She IS pregnant! Found out Mothers Day!!!!!:happydance::happydance:

well, does anyone have a comment? is it possible she knows but is trying to pretend?

She might be in denial, or maybe she just doesn't want to talk about it with anyone now if it wasn't planned.

I had a patient in the er a year or so ago, came in for abd pain, denied being pregnant or anything. 25 minutes later gave birth to a 7lb baby. Swore even after the birth that she had no idea she was pregnant!

She might be in denial, or maybe she just doesn't want to talk about it with anyone now if it wasn't planned.

I had a patient in the er a year or so ago, came in for abd pain, denied being pregnant or anything. 25 minutes later gave birth to a 7lb baby. Swore even after the birth that she had no idea she was pregnant!

WOW. I cant believe some people are that out of touch with their bodies it almost seems like theyre stupid or something.

WOW. I cant believe some people are that out of touch with their bodies it almost seems like theyre stupid or something.

More than you think, I've had several patients this year alone come in who were over 5 months pregnant that swore they were not pregnant at all. I feel like for the first 4 months you could truly not notice and blame the symptoms on other things, but after that, how do you explain the big belly and baby movements:thumbup:

Thats exactly like her! She thinks because he pulled out she is ok. She is in DENIAL big time

.... Or maybe she knows and really isn't? Her period could be out of whack..I didnt have my period for 30 days once and my husband was convinced I was pg.. I knew I wasnt, said I wasnt, and did eventually get my period.
On the other hand, like ttcmikeandme said, maybe she doesnt want to talk about it with anyone, whether planned or not.. It's a very personal thing for some people. If she IS, she may feel really bad about keeping it from you, but don't pry, let her tell you when she is ready - if she is :)

It could be anything..she has been on and off her BC and her period could be acting irregular

Theres that show in TLC "I didnt know I was pregnant" I love it but it scares the mess out of me! I believe it could be true.. If you've never been pregnant before and you dont think to take an hpt, how would you KNOW what pregnancy feels like ya know?

Thats exactly like her! She thinks because he pulled out she is ok. She is in DENIAL big time
My friend did the pull out and got pregnant with twins.

She might be in denial or she might already know. I think you should just be her friend.. Dont really like pry or anything. Just suggest she should at LEAST take an HPT and then let her know that no matter what, you are there for her and wont judge her.:hugs:

she refuses to even take one. i said thats just foolish

Maybe she is feeling pressured about it all ....

Maybe she knows she is pregnant and doesn't want others to know ....

Maybe she know she isn't pregnant and doesn't feel that she has to prove that to you or others ....

Maybe she feels you and others may be jugdemental towards her ....

I feel for this girl!!!

I have a friend who didn't find out till she was almost 5 months pregnant. Some people just aren't in tune with their bodies, some people just don't pay attention to their bodies ...... doesn't make them stupid or foolish!!!!

Some people with irregular cycles, possibly just wouldn't notice. A friend was talking recently about finding out she was 5months and still wearing size 10 jeans!

well she knows im ttc, and all my friends are excited about it, and we arent judgemental about it at all

She sounds like she's in denial or scared to death one... I'd make your friend take a pregnancy test right away, the sooner the better so she start taking prenatals and stuff. OR she could just be late on her period? Going on and off the pill can screw your AF up bigtime. But as a precaution I'd get her to take a pregnancy test... Good luck hun.

I have to say there are people out there who REALLY dont know they are pregnant... some people are not out of touch there are no symptoms.

I know a girl who gave birth without knowing she was pregnant. She had her periods every month like normal, she had no pregnancy symptoms, she did not put on weight in fact she lost a wee bit, she never showed and she never ever felt the baby move, it was lying posterior behind the placenta. She never had a clue...

Needless to say it was a shock... obviously this is pretty rare but it does and can happen.

well she knows im ttc, and all my friends are excited about it, and we arent judgemental about it at all

I feel you have been a tad bit jugemental, calling her and people who don't know they are pregnant 'Stupid' and 'Foolish'

All you can do is suggest she takes a test and why she should, if nothing else to put her own mind at ease. You need to be a bit more sympathetic I feel ... maybe you are to her, I feel different with the words you have used.

Maybe she is feeling pressured about it all ....

Maybe she knows she is pregnant and doesn't want others to know ....

Maybe she know she isn't pregnant and doesn't feel that she has to prove that to you or others ....

Maybe she feels you and others may be jugdemental towards her ....

I feel for this girl!!!

I have a friend who didn't find out till she was almost 5 months pregnant. Some people just aren't in tune with their bodies, some people just don't pay attention to their bodies ...... doesn't make them stupid or foolish!!!!

Well said!

i didnt mean in a hostile way, but she is being purposefully stubborn and REFUSING at all costs to take a pregnancy test...she shrugs the possible baby off and said nonchalantly that if she happened to be pregnant she would abort it...you guys should probably "see her in action" and then form an opinion of what i just said...she isn't the sweet clueless girl you are thinkng she is...

i didnt mean in a hostile way, but she is being purposefully stubborn and REFUSING at all costs to take a pregnancy test...she shrugs the possible baby off and said nonchalantly that if she happened to be pregnant she would abort it...you guys should probably "see her in action" and then form an opinion of what i just said...she isn't the sweet clueless girl you are thinkng she is...

Maybe she is in denial, or doesn't want to think about it just yet - she mayhave her reasons.

Why do you care so much, and why should our opinions matter? You are the only one here who knows her, you did sound concerned to start with, now you sound like perhaps you are jealous.

Maybe she is in denial, or doesn't want to think about it just yet - she mayhave her reasons.

Why do you care so much, and why should our opinions matter? You are the only one here who knows her, you did sound concerned to start with, now you sound like perhaps you are jealous.

Um, no Im not, she is reckless and smoking and drinking like there is no tomorrow, im concerned for the possible child...Im too narcisisstic to be jealous of anyone, sorry:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->