Update

sandy299

Reaction score
Hi Ladies!
I have posted before just not in awhile so I thought I'd update you on what is going on...

First of all, tomorrow is me and dh's 6th anniversary. I can't believe we've been married 6 years already. We went out to dinner last night to celeberate and also his birthday since that was on Thursday. He turned 31 this year. We are also going next weekend to Columbus and getting a hotel and that will also be part of our anniversary gift.

Secondly, I put my ticker back. I was a little afraid what if Jan doesn't come and dh doesn't say anything. So, I kind of said something today and he said it isn't January yet so I was happy... I mean I do see him bringing things up and also the fact most of his friends have kids now. Like last weekend we went to his hometown and his friend we used to go and hang out with at hte bar has a baby and he made a comment how we can't do anything and go out with anyone b/c everyone has kids or will have them soon except for pretty much us. So, I think he is realizing that fact. We also went to his church and said when we have kids he wants them baptized there. I think he is getting closer. Maybe he just isn't quite ready to give up his freedom. I know men have a harder time than women do.

I think since I will not say anything until Jan if he doesn't by the date I will sit him down and see what he says. By that point we'll probably be on our way to buying a house or at least know something. We're going to aim for March (after we get our tax return and my dh's Christmas bonus and if i get any as well). I'll tell him I'm thinking July '09 at the earliest and Jan '10 at the latest and see what he says.

Also...my 15 year high school reunion is in Nov and I realized it is probably better this way b/c if we would have tried in April like i Wanted originally, then I might have not been able to go (That is if I got pg right away too) because I would have already been 7 months in November. The reunion is in Cleveland, 5 hrs away. I know after a certain point you're not supposed to travel. Not sure what it is. But probably better if I am pg going when I am not that far along. I know if my family wants a baby shower in Cleveland we'll have to make it before I am 8 months because I bet I won't want to travel after that.

Just a few thoughts...the year is going fast. I know somedays my baby fever isnt' that bad and others it is. But I am keeping busy at work and knowing before I know it we will have kids and I will be waiting time alone. So, I try and treasure the sleeping in and other things I won't be able to do or maybe not do as easily with kids.

But then again I also can't wait either!!! It will be an exciting experience. Sometimes I feel left out b/c all our friends have kids except for 2 of mine. So, it is hard and we feel like we don't have much in common with them anymore. Especilaly after they get older too. So, I will be happy in that aspect too.

I know it is hard to wait but I know we are waiting for the right reasons and in the end it will be worth it.

Everyone else! Hope you all have a good weekend.

Hi Ladies!
I have posted before just not in awhile so I thought I'd update you on what is going on...

First of all, tomorrow is me and dh's 6th anniversary. I can't believe we've been married 6 years already. We went out to dinner last night to celeberate and also his birthday since that was on Thursday. He turned 31 this year. We are also going next weekend to Columbus and getting a hotel and that will also be part of our anniversary gift.

Secondly, I put my ticker back. I was a little afraid what if Jan doesn't come and dh doesn't say anything. So, I kind of said something today and he said it isn't January yet so I was happy... I mean I do see him bringing things up and also the fact most of his friends have kids now. Like last weekend we went to his hometown and his friend we used to go and hang out with at hte bar has a baby and he made a comment how we can't do anything and go out with anyone b/c everyone has kids or will have them soon except for pretty much us. So, I think he is realizing that fact. We also went to his church and said when we have kids he wants them baptized there. I think he is getting closer. Maybe he just isn't quite ready to give up his freedom. I know men have a harder time than women do.

I think since I will not say anything until Jan if he doesn't by the date I will sit him down and see what he says. By that point we'll probably be on our way to buying a house or at least know something. We're going to aim for March (after we get our tax return and my dh's Christmas bonus and if i get any as well). I'll tell him I'm thinking July '09 at the earliest and Jan '10 at the latest and see what he says.

Also...my 15 year high school reunion is in Nov and I realized it is probably better this way b/c if we would have tried in April like i Wanted originally, then I might have not been able to go (That is if I got pg right away too) because I would have already been 7 months in November. The reunion is in Cleveland, 5 hrs away. I know after a certain point you're not supposed to travel. Not sure what it is. But probably better if I am pg going when I am not that far along. I know if my family wants a baby shower in Cleveland we'll have to make it before I am 8 months because I bet I won't want to travel after that.

Just a few thoughts...the year is going fast. I know somedays my baby fever isnt' that bad and others it is. But I am keeping busy at work and knowing before I know it we will have kids and I will be waiting time alone. So, I try and treasure the sleeping in and other things I won't be able to do or maybe not do as easily with kids.

But then again I also can't wait either!!! It will be an exciting experience. Sometimes I feel left out b/c all our friends have kids except for 2 of mine. So, it is hard and we feel like we don't have much in common with them anymore. Especilaly after they get older too. So, I will be happy in that aspect too.

I know it is hard to wait but I know we are waiting for the right reasons and in the end it will be worth it.

Everyone else! Hope you all have a good weekend.

Waiting is so hard and im the worst at it. I hope you get everything you want

Good luck

hi Sandy,

Good to hear your update (I also posted mine). you seem to be travelling lots. enjoy it as it gets harder to do with kiddies......we also have lots of pg friends and friends with babies and it is hard. i dont think any of us have the ideal situation if our DH isnt on the same tune as us but we accept it and move on.

so, have a great time being selfish and enjoy sleeping late on the weekends (you'll miss that when its gone)

:)

Hi there!!

Why not make a list of all things you couldn't do if you have children and do them. Im sure by the time you get through the list Jan will be here before you know it.
Good luck hun

Kerry xxx

Hi there!!

Why not make a list of all things you couldn't do if you have children and do them. Im sure by the time you get through the list Jan will be here before you know it.
Good luck hun

Kerry xxx

I second this.
My friends are so awesome. They are so excited for me and DH to start trying, but they know it's hard for me to wait, so they are filling every weekend with parties and BBQs and the like.

Its brought DF and I closer as we always making sure that we are doing things!!

Waiting is so hard, especially on the days when your homones are telling you to make babies... :) Just know that waiting will provide the best possible life for your LO. I too am waiting (until Dec) and it feels like an eternity. I think making a list of things you wont be able to do after baby is a great idea. The main reason for waiting for me at this point is the cruise in Dec, and the things i wouldn' be able to do pg. I am going to find a couple other fun things to do this summer to take my mind off the 5 month wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->