UPDATED SCAN PIC 8 week 2 days

kezovwigan26

Reaction score
hi ,im back after 4 early miscarriages this year and pregnant again , my miscarriages have been very early and never seen a baby or anything on scans ,my last miscarriage in august was just a empty sac at 7 weeks however had my scan today where i should be 7+3 going off my last periodwhich was 9th november and the tech messured me at 6+4 with a healthy heartbeart , i kno this is only 6 days difference but what im worrying about is we only dtd once that month which was 16th nov , so how could i possibly be only be 6+4, even if sperm can live for 7 days and i ovulated on the 23rd novemeber this would still make me 7+3 can anyone help ease my mind, the tech and midwive wasnt worried and discharged me and started me on fragmin injections and aspirin xx

Babies sizes vary SO much so early. For example I thought I was 8 weeks with my son and they put me right back to 5/6 weeks (Saw a heartbeat) and I was panicking thinking something was wrong but he is now 14 months.

When I went for the 12 week scan they put me forward 5 days again. Each scan the size/days changed.

Your LO might just be meassuring a lil small at the moment but that's not a bad thing. I'm sure they will catch up! I think the fact you've seen a heartbeat is AMAZING and such a good sign.

Yep, plus baby could have implanted late, and it's SO hard for them to get an accurate CRL measurement at that stage - even a mm difference can put your dates wayyyy out. My early scan (7+2) got widely varying CRLs but the biggest one was spot on for my dates.

The fact that you've seen a hb is the single biggest indicator that baby is ok! Xxx

Exactly the same thing happened in both my successful pregnancies. No idea why as they both measured ahead by the nt scan!

Hi went back for another scan today and measuring correct now 8 weeks 2 days :) here is my scan photo xx

We only dtd twice (Friday night/Saturday afternoon) the month we got pregnant. At my first official scan they dated me 8 days behind!!! I had to go in for another scan 11 days later due to bleeding and the baby had caught up, and was actually two day ahead. :shrug: So I think early scans can sometimes be a little off.

ETA: So glad to see your update and that your baby had caught up. :)

Thank you xx I knew my dates was right she told me some times they struggle gettin the whole crown to rump length when they are so tiny so this is maybe why she was out last week xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->