• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

upper back pain, 4 weeks pregnant

WantsALittle1

Reaction score
I know that lower back pain is very common during pregnancy (especially the later stages), but is anyone else out there in early PG having excruciating upper back pain?

the dull, droning muscle ache extends from the middle of my spine up to my shoulders and neck. it is constant, and no changing of positions or stretching alleviates it.

oy!

I know that lower back pain is very common during pregnancy (especially the later stages), but is anyone else out there in early PG having excruciating upper back pain?

the dull, droning muscle ache extends from the middle of my spine up to my shoulders and neck. it is constant, and no changing of positions or stretching alleviates it.

oy!

How long have you been having this pain?

That's strange.. Have you mentioned it to your doctor?

I've had it for about 4 days now, and read online that it's normal in early pregnancy because progesterone makes all the ligaments/tendons stretch out. It gets better when I wear pajamas, but any 'normal' clothes, especially my previously comfortable bra (which I'm not filling out yet), make it awful. It's just constant, achy, like I slept in a weird position, except all day long.

The word 'excruciating' was probably overdoing it a bit, apologies for that. It was just horrid at the time I wrote that, but now that I'm in a tank top and flannel pajama pants, I'm not noticing it as much as my sore boobs.

i too have had this pain and im 6 weeks 2 days, mine is because my breasts are large and have swollen more so had to go for a new bra. hope that helps x

I'm getting it all over my back and neck and shoulders and yeah it feels exactly like i've slept wrong but it's been here for two days straight now... :-/

Feel like i need a good long massage!!! But OH at work!! :( hahahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->