Upset about baby's position and so worried he'll get stuck like my first!

MoonLove

Reaction score
About 8 hours into my 21 hour labour with my LO, my midwife looked at my tummy, between contractions and said 'hmm it is a strange shape, it is all over to the left' and she went to get a second midwife for a second opinion.

The second lady asked 'are you sure there 100% aren't two babies in there?' (deadly serious) and i said yes of course, i've had about 5 scans! They ummed and arred and looked concerned.

I ended up with an emergency c-sec, after getting to 10cm and having my water's artificially broken, my LOs head was totally lodged stuck and even forceps couldn't get her out. My tummy ended up with a very slight lopsidedness to it on the left where she had been.

Anyway, this time i am going for a VBAC. My midwife measured my tummy and such last week and she was poking around for ages. She said 'oh he's all over here!' and pointed to my right hand side. She took longer than usual to tell me where exactly he was positioned. She said 'it's unusual, he is all curled up, usually babies are more stretched out but he's all bunched up like this' and did an impression.

I just feel so worried, i have expressed my concern to her about this baby being positioned badly like my first was, and i wondered whether to even bother going VBAC as i don't want the same to happen again where baby is just wedged stuck - and still she said that about him being all scrunched up and all over to one side!!

I see my consultant next Weds and it is a whole other week to wait. I can't get in any earlier, so i just have to wait wait wait - and that's a whole week that baby could be born in as well!

Midwives say such stupid things and worry you so much. I feel like if i would have just gone electiv c-sec like i originally planned to, i would be expecting baby next week for certain and wouldn't have to worry about any of this :cry:

Oh hun I feel for you DS got stuck and I had to have forceps. However my midwife has told me that it is difficult to really know how baby comes out until you go into labour. I want tis we my consultant before this birth and my midwife had to argue the toss with them beforehand just to get me an appointment as they wont do anything until you actually are in labour.

Second babies heads don't nessecarily engage properly until labour anyway. I don't think midwifes think when they make these flippant comments unfortunately.

Hope everything goes ok for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"