Ureaplasma - please please help me

lexx7

Reaction score
Ttc for 4 and a half years. Been going to fs for 4 months as we were going to have natural cycle ivf then it changed to mild cycle ivf, but we haven't been able to start as yet as I didn't ovulate for the last 2 months. Took letrozole (femara) this cycle and it worked. Had scan yesterday and am about to ovulate today or tomorrow (i can feel it happening already.)

Started to feel sore downstairs - thought it was nothing and it had gone. Started having sex on sunday (cd10) and it hurt like hell so became very upset and scared. Had follicle tracking scan on monday and had swab at the same time. Took canastan as did hubby as thought it may be thrush but no.... results today say i have Ureaplasma and now me and hubby have to take a week of antibiotics - doxycyclin.

I'm beyond distraught and petrified. I have myasthenia and IC and endo among other things and only now do they pick up that i have this!!!! Taking antibiotics is very dangerous when i have myasthenia and it even says on the packet to take with caution!!!

Has any had a dx of ureaplasma????? Did yoiu take doxycyclin?? were you ok on these tablets?? Did you then test negative???? Have you since managed to get pregnant and have a healthy baby???

I know that these tablets can't be taken when pregnant and the doctor says i should be ok as if any baby dancing has led to a chance of conception then hopefully the tablets will be out of me by implantation but the timeline is very fine.

I've had the most horrific week - monday was full of tears then I started to feel a whole lot better yesterday and baby danced and thought we may get a christmas miricle after all thanks to the letrozole etc and i was very upbeat again last night and this morning and then BANG - i get hit with this mega blow of a test result and having to make a very hard decision to take the risk to the myasthenia in order to get rid of the ureaplasma as it could be hindering us ttc and also it leads to miscarrage and pre-term labour!!!!!!!!!!

WHY ME??????? I'm so fed up of all the shit that's happened to me, I really can't take much more - happy fricken christmas hey :growlmad::cry: (ok, sorry for the rant.)

Please, please, if anyone out there can help me and put my mind at ease I will be more than extremely grateful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->