urgent help needed re soy please

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by schnoodle, Jan 29, 2011.

1. schnoodle

schnoodle Well-Known Member

please help girls asap! i have some soy to try this cycle. bee ttc for over a year. i have 28 day cycles and ov on cd14 - should i give it a go? may it just boost my ovulation?

thanks

2. Quaver

Quaver TTC #1

It's up to you. It may boost ov, or it may mess up you currently perfect cycle:winkwink:

Edit: Noticed you've been TTC for a year, why not try it? 100mg or less should be fine.

3. Bunnylicious

Bunnylicious Well-Known Member

I don't think that is a wise move.
    You have the ideal 28 days cycle, and ovulate every time. Why ruin that.
    Besides, browse this thread, there are a few discussion from members who ovulate late after taking soy.

4. schnoodle

schnoodle Well-Known Member

im just hurting so much every time. its killing me not getting my bfp. i may try a low dose 80mg for one cycle and see

5. bassdesire

bassdesire Well-Known Member

If you do a search for soy isoflavones there is a thread with nearly 350 pages. I read through all of them and decided not to take the soy. My AF isn't as regular as yours, but I didn't want to mess with it.

6. Killeen_Momma

Killeen_Momma Well-Known Member

Have you been to an RE yet since you have been TTC for over a year? If so then has your RE just not offered you clomid or something to help? I was on Soy for 1 cycle and even posted on the HUGE thread on here about Soy and thought I was doing great but I wasn't. Here is my back story that might help your decision.

I have a pretty normal cycle too 28-30days (normally 28-29)and Ovulate Every month on CD16 EXCEPT the cycle I took soy, I had all the ovulation pain and other signs BUT didn't ovulate at ALL.
    I finally went to an RE after a year of TTC and the RE started me on Clomid this cycle and I ovulated on CD18. I would rather ovulate 2days late on Clomid then not ovulate at all on Soy.
    If you have seen an RE already and they haven't offered clomid or something else then ask them for something, even a test like an HSG.

7. Nickij

Nickij Mum of 2

We I don't want to tell you what to do one way or another, but I will give you my experience of taking Soy this month.

I took it because last month I did not ovulate until CD19/20 on the 30 day cycle. So i was hoping it would bring my ovulation forward a couple of days and also maybe improve my luteal phase.

I took 120mg from days 3-7 (plus I didn;t like the side affects)

Well I am currently on CD22 - no postive OPKs no temp rise and no peak on my monitor - so I still haven't ovulated and not sure if I will. So much for bringing my ovulation forward huh?

So if I were you, your cycle seems pretty great at the moment - ov of CD 14 and a good long luteal phase.

8. happyshopper

happyshopper Well-Known Member

My situation is similar to Nickyj. I have also taken soy this month on days 3 to 7 and there is still no sign of ov. I think my body tried to ovulate at CD14 but without success. My cycles were a regular 29 days but I had a short LP (11 days) and spotting at 6DPO so I hoped it would help with that. At the moment I would not take it next cycle or recommend it to anyone who has regular cycles. Of course, if i get my BFP this cycle then I will sing its praises and I cant see that happening.
    I think next cycle I will try maca. It seems to have good results in helping hormonal probelsm but without the nasty risks.
    Hope it helps xxx

9. mamadonna

mamadonna Well-Known Member

i have reg 28 day cycles when i tried it for a couple of month it did nothing for me,i havent taken it this cycle figured i dont really need it

10. crossroads

crossroads Co-creator of a boy &girl

I gave up soy and got pregnant right away.

11. mamadonna

mamadonna Well-Known Member

thats what i'm hoping crossroads:happydance: