Urgent ~ Leeds area Do you know this child

After hearing the phone call earlier I did think it might be a hoax but then felt bad in case it wasn't. She just seemed too clear in her speech for a 3yr old and sounded to me like someone putting on a younger child's voice. So glad that there isn't an unconscious mum with a frightened little girl out there - the two 10yr olds should be given community service at the very least, not just 'talked to'

That's awful! I thought she understood and spoke too well to be 3 but then I was thinking well would my LO say things like that? Probably but they wouldn't be right (ie house number) and he wouldn't ring 999 hed get my phone and ring my mum :shrug: they're parents must be so embarrassed. I know they're only young but my brothers 10 and wouldn't do something like that and knows how serious it is :nope: x

I never heard the phonecall.. off to google.
Can't believe it was a hoax. :nope:
Bet those kids are in BIG trouble.

Am angry but glad this was a hoax. Would rather the little one didn't but those ten year olds need a clip around the ear! Totally agree with the person who said they should be locked up for the night. Anything apart from just "being spoken to".

I'm a dispatcher for a UK ambulance service, and just wanted to reply to these two posts below. Hope this helps :)

Bless I hope they find her. I though emergency dispatchers had caller I.d? My friends LO rang them once and was sitting talking to them without her mum knowing and they called her back to make sure she was ok x

with regards to tracing the call, it's difficult. If she called from a mobile phone, we get given an approximate area of the call identified by the nearest mast. Sometimes that area can cover a fairly large area. Sometimes the call is just outside of that area... so as much as it does give you an approximate area it doesn't give you an address. I mean they could have traced the call with the mobile provider, but if the phone was unregistered that would not give any joy.

Says on ITV it was 2 10yr olds..should lock them up for the night IMO. What a waste of time and money from a lot of police and others. Next time something like this happens people will be quick to call hoax and someone may die because of that

That won't be the case, don't worry. I don't know about other services, but the service I work for will ALWAYS send if we have a location. Which is troublesome when people phone from payphones with something ridiculous like "someone is having a baby outside mcdonalds" then they laugh hysterically and hang up. Better to be safe than sorry. Took a call the other week from a very small sounding child who said someone had been stabbed, dragged into an alley, then had got back up and fallen and broken their leg, then had started bleeding again, then someone had come and hit them with a big hammer"... now as much as that COULD be a real situation, it sounded very hoax-ish and we documented that... but we still had to send an ambulance and the police to investigate as we had a location from the payphone caller ID.

I am sorry but what little shites these 2 girls are.

They are old enough to know better and they have wasted a lot of time and resources to try and trace 'Ellie' and 'Stacey'

If this was my daughter, I would truly swing for her.

Vx xx

Same as me. Would get more of a punishment than being "talked to"... Think anyone who hoaxes needs to realise what their actions cause

My 10 year old sister, accidently dialled 999 a few weeks ago.
She was playing and all the dispatcher heard was screaming.
It was a genuine accident and when they rang back, she hung up because it was a strange man.
The police were very very mad. They traced the call to the approx area but couldn't find her. My Mom was really embarrassed, but it was an accident.
In this case, those girls need a serious talking to, 10 is more than old enough to know how wrong and dangerous that is.

Thats awful, I'd be so angry if they were my kids. At the same time i'm glad theres not a little girl out there scared and frightened for her mommy. Hope they are punished accordingly, what a waste of time and money for the police xx

Oh wow! I hope their parents deal with this.. When I saw it in the news earlier I felt awful! Why would somebody even think of doing this? With all the times we NEED those ambulance people and police.

I remember my little sister.. She was dying. It took the ambulance less than 10 minutes to be with us. If it had taken ten more, she'd have died.. And hoaxes like that could be responsible for such things! Made me so mad. I hope their parents are okay - If my family did this I'd go crazy. :/ But how do you discipline your 10 year olds when they've done this? x

Im glad it was a hoax and that there isnt a scared toddler out there. Those girls should be punished.

Though as infuriating as this was actually how great was the response. If something like this ever did happen because of the media and social networking sites everyone knows about it.

Its actually nice to see how much people still care about others.

I really hope those girls are appropriately punished what an awful thing to do! Their joke could have cost someone elses opportunity to get the emergency services andcould have caused the loss of lives!!!!

As sad as it was, this was my first thought when I heard this, that it was a hoax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->