Urgent OPK questions.

msq

Reaction score
Hi there!

I just bought some up and up target brand OPKs, the 20 pack. I tested for the first time tonight and it was very negative. I'm on CD 10 and I'm wondering if it's even useful to begin OPK testing this late into my cycle or if I should just start that next cycle.

Other questions:

1. Best time of day to test? The package says to use first morning urine.. I don't know about that.

2. Test one time a day or more? What times?

3. Has anyone had experience with this brand before? Do you know if they work well? The control line was very light, maybe I didn't dip it long enough.

Thanks for your time!

Also, here is my chart if that might help at all. I'm really confused if I should even be testing this cycle at all, I feel like I could have already ovulated because I have a short cycle (21-23 days) and I could've ovulated early. I had EWCM (only 2 small bits) yesterday but today I'm back to creamy CM but cervix is very high and feels softer than usual. Any insights?

Thanks so much

Attachments

• chartgraph_module.png
    chartgraph_module.png
    12.5 KB · Views: 5
Hey a. Sorry I don't chart so I don't know anything about that but I didn't want to read and run.

So usually they recommend that you don't use fmu for OPKs, and that it is best to use them around early afternoon, and to test the same time each day in hopes of not missing the surge.
You probably know all of this already... Sorry and good luck x

Thanks for the response! :)

I never test with FMU as on the occasion i have its given me a positive when I know im definitely not about to O because its been so concentrated (this cycle i got a +ive opk on CD10 of a 35 day cycle because i used FMU and i know for sure i wont be O'ing that early!) tested again with SMU and low and behold it was -ive

I always test late morning/early afternoon with SMU. Or a good 4hr hold if i have to test in the afternoon.

Im a charting newbie but your temp hasnt spiked yet so not sure if you have yet? However if you O'd yesterday you could still be waiting on the spike....

Thanks. I'm gonna try with FMU this morning and again around 2-3 pm just to see what happens. My temp went down again to 97.18 so I don't know what is going on with my body, they say if your temps fluctuate a lot it is because there is a time inconsistency but I always take my temp between 7:15 and 8. Is that a problem? That I don't take it at the exact same time?

Just took this OPK with FMU, not quite positive so I'm hoping it will be this afternoon!

Attachments

• ovcd11.jpg
    ovcd11.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 12
I used the clearblue digital OPK's for the first 3 or so months then needed something less expensive so I went with the Target brand.

My experience hasn't been good. I got a + OPK on the day I thought I ovulated (CD 14) so that was good. For some odd reason, I decided to POAS a week later and what did I get? A blazing VERY dark positive. Same thing happened the next day (CD 21 and 22). I am very regular so this is confusing and only makes me worry about PCOS because I've heard that several days of +OPK's in a row can mean that. These were also not with FMU!! I never had a problem like this with Clearblue.

Unless I have PCOS, I'm not really trusting them...

Wondfo opk strips are $20 for 50 so you can't go wrong there. Amazon carries them as well as pregnancy test so you can poas as often as you like.

I used opk twice a day at 11am and 5pm so I wouldn't miss my surge. I did this from cd 5 until my ovulation was confirmed on ff. Sometimes I would gear up and get a positive opk but not ovulate (bbt confirmed) and gear up again a few days later and get another positive opk. usually I get 2-3 days of positive opks with the middle day being the strongest positive. I usually ovulate 1-2 days after my last positive.

How long have you been temping hun? I'm not sure when you usually O but don't put too much weight in the occasional dips that seem out of place. I get big time swings in my bbt but when the cycle is over a more clear pattern is usually apparent. I wouldn't stop testing and definitely keep temping as it can be a great tool :thumbup:

I attached my last chart so you could see the crazy dips in my cycle and my opk results.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/409e7e//thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back