Urgent question for breastfeeding mums who express

Cattia

Reaction score
Sorry ladies, I know this should go in BF forum but it can be quiet there and I need a quick answer. My LO is four weeks and I have a have a job interview tomorrow for a promotion at my current place of work that would start after my mat leave. I am taking DH and LO with me but have also expressed two bottles of BM. I just want to know, if I take them out of the fridge and put them in sterilized bottles first thing in the morning, will they be OK for the rest of the day? Will I need to keep them refrigerated? Or should I keep the milk in the storage bottles it's in now and transfer it later into the bottles she will drink from?

It should be good for 4-5 hours out of the fridge. I would put them in the bottles before you leave. :) Good luck in your interview!

Personally I'd put it in the bottles and then put the bottles in a cool bag with an ice block thingy. But then my LO never minded cold milk.

Thanks. We put it in the bottles then put it straight in the fridge when we got there and DH heated it up. She had never had a bottle before but she took it straight away so now I'll do a couple of bottles a week to keep her in the swing of things.

https://www.llli.org/faq/milkstorage.html

this is a really useful guide to storing and using expressed milk :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->