urgent question

Expecting1

Reaction score
Will a baby stay latched if there's no milk?
When breasts are "empty" are they literally empty or is there always milk there?

babies can stay latched on for comfort. Sometimes my lo latches on but doesn't suckle very well because she doesn't want the milk, she only wants the comfort.

I'm not sure if breasts can be completely empty. Maybe at the end of a long nursing session. But usually there should be milk in there, even if they feel empty to you.

Hope that helps.

Thank you and I posted in a rush I should have clarified lol
He was suckling like normal and he'd been on like 30min L, 20ish R, 20ish L, 15R and about 10L with a couple small breaks which he cried the whole time (hungry cry)
He's actually asleep now so I guess he is full?? :confused: lol

There's always milk being produced so they're never empty, but when they have much less in, the milk comes a lot more slowly and they tend to have to work a bit harder for it x

sounds like he might be going through a growth spurt. It's perfectly normal. By doing that, he is increasing your milk supply. He might keep doing that for a few hours or days. My best advice would be to find a good book or stock up on good movies and sit down comfortably while it lasts. Let him suckle as much as possible. And don't worry, he's not doing that because he's starving or not getting enough milk.

Thank you so much ladies :)
I've also got undiagnosed mastitis in the last day so of course I panicked and came to the conclusion that my flu/ache symptoms screwed me up. A constant feed growth spurt doesn't bother me, I can sleep feed with Hubby watching him haha but as long as I get some antibiotics tomorrow! Ugh I feel like crap :cry:
Thanks again :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->