URGENTLY need help PLEASE

MurphyTaylor

NTNP/TTC#1
Reaction score
Hi ladies

So I really, really, really want/need to lose weight. I just have no self esteem anymore and feel awful about myself :sad2: So, could anyone give me any dieting tips for someone living on a budget please?

I really need help with temptation too - it's so hard when your OH likes to always have sweets/crisps/snacks in the house when all you want to do is cut down and diet.

Pleeeeeaaasseeee help me? Thanks in advance! xx

well if you are on a budget then cut back on buying crisps, sweets and snacks and that will help with the £ and lbs !! . Water is free and so is walking - both essential if you really want to make a start on losing weight.

Don't be so hard on yourself, think positive - if you believe you can do it then you will. Speak with you OH, explain how important this is to you and ask that he supports and encourages you. For me, I really needed to keep motivated - if I had a good week then it really made me want to do even better the next week and not ruin all my hard work.

I have tried so many different diets so you just need to work out what will suit your lifestyle. One that I really found easy to do was the paul Mckenna method because it wasn't a diet but a whole new way of thinking. You can pick up a book from amazon for a couple of quid and it really did work for me.

good luck. x

Thank you very much Tina :) I really appreciate it!

The only reason I'm so hard on myself is because I lost a lot of weight so easily last year, without even thinking about it or trying, and now it's all come back since me and my OH became a couple :/ and when I look back at pictures from when I lost weight I get really down about the way I am now.

I think the main thing I need to do is eat less - simple as it sounds - like having smaller portions, not eating as many meals, drinking more water and less tea, etc. What I lack is the motivation!

I did the same, when I first started living with my husband I gained 2 stone without even realising and I got so depressed I would come home from work and put baggy pyjamas on because I felt that I looked so awful in anything else. I would really recommend Paul McKenna because nothing is restricted and as long as you follow it then it will work. Another good thing about it is that because nothing is really off limits ( in moderation obviously ) then I wasn't craving chocolate, crisps sweets etc as if that is what I really wanted and I was truly hungry then I knew I could eat it.

I still have another stone to lose and am still dieting so if you ever want some encouragement or just someone to moan at then feel free to message me instead of reaching for the biscuit tin. x

i've banned my oh from buying crap
unless he buys it and eats it at work

:rofl:

exercise works wonders for self esteem
it's also a stress release, i only use a bike
and various dvds but it works for me and it's
definately boosted my self confidence, although
i haven't lost alot so far i can see the change in
myself and my body :thumbup:

i also found take pictures of myself kicked my
arse into gear a bit, i'm a big girl but i didn't know
how bad it was until i took pics of stomach etc
now i look at them and keeps me motivated as
they're not a pretty sight :dohh:

you need to get your oh behind you too, any
kind of temptation get rid of it, if it's not in the
house you can't eat it :haha:

good luck

xx​

You don't have to join the gym or anything to loose weight, just start walking more then upping it to running ect! Cut down the junk food it benefits you in two ways: helps you to loose weight and save money! Home cooked foods are the best as you know what goes in them! Oh gosh my OH eats the most amount of junk I just ban him from eating it infront of me... just the other day he offered me krispy kreme doughnuts... NOT HAPPY!

You can do it hun, as jenny_wren said, taking pictures of yourself will kick your arse into gear! I have been doing this!

GL feel free to PM me anytime, I have a whoooooooole loada junk to loose! haha
___XO

Thank you so much ladies! This help is very muchly appreciated :hugs:

My OH and I have only been together just over 1 year and in that amount of time I've gone from 119lb to, roughly, 159lb!!!! :sad2: (From size 8 to size 14)
But before I met him, that weight went the opposite way - so I know I can do it, it's just difficult. And the pictures from back then motivate me a little - pics from now to compare them too should give me that little bit more to get my arse in gear! :)

I am actually a member of a gym but it's so difficult to get to now I've moved house I don't go - wish I did though tbh. My OH and I also bought pedal bikes. We've cycled to work and back a good few times already but we just can't be bothered with in hot weather (which would probably actually be better because we'd sweat more!)

As for my meals, I'm slowly cutting down which is quite proud worthy :) Loving my cereals at the moment and I've switched from full fat mlk to semi-skimmed and have no sugar in anything anymore (i.e. tea, coffee, on cereal, etc)

xxx

It sounds like you are doing a lot of the right things.

When I started my weight loss journey I told DH that I needed his 100% support and that he couldn't eat junk food I'd want in front of me. (Luckily for him I can be quite picky and he's not picky at all so there's still a variety of food that he eats that I could care less about but he's been amazing at not eating junk food he knows I'll want around me, most of the time ;)). If we do have junk food that I like around I'll tell him to take it downstairs to his office that way I can't see it and won't want it.

Watch your portion size. Eat fruits & veg. Drink a lot of water. Cut back on junk. Eat whole wheat products when possible. Change milks and cheeses to lower fat versions etc.

Good luck :hugs:

So... I've downloaded the audiobook of Paul McKenna's I Can Make You Thin :D
Not listened to it all yet but what I have listened to I'm impressed with. It really is a new way of thinking! (Or in my case my old way of thinking lol) I just need to start eating - or not eating - the way I used to, i.e. eat when you NEED to, not when you WANT to :thumbup:
Let's pray this works!! [-o<

if you stick with it and follow the rules then i am sure it will work for you! When I did it I thought he was a genius. Best of luck! x

Thank you very much Tina :) I really appreciate it!

The only reason I'm so hard on myself is because I lost a lot of weight so easily last year, without even thinking about it or trying, and now it's all come back since me and my OH became a couple :/ and when I look back at pictures from when I lost weight I get really down about the way I am now.

I think the main thing I need to do is eat less - simple as it sounds - like having smaller portions, not eating as many meals, drinking more water and less tea, etc. What I lack is the motivation!

Do you have an ipod or mp3 player? The fast-paced music that I download gets me going when I have NO motivation. I put my sneakers on and drag my ass to the treadmill and just start out at a slow pathetic walk. Then...an awesome song comes on that I love and I just have to go a little faster...then faster...then, wow! I'm jogging and didn't even realize it! Thanks mp3 player!

Also, if chips, ice cream, and chocolate aren't in your house, then you can't eat it right? I don't buy those things so I don't have the temptation. And if your OH doesn't like it, tell him to get over it. :flower: Good luck!

Thanks AllisonH :thumbup:

I've been doing fairly well with the eating... except weekends - I get bored! :(
I think I HAVE to start going to the gym on Saturdays and/or Sundays! It's a pain in the a*s* though; buses are very unregular at weekends :(

Thanks AllisonH :thumbup:

I've been doing fairly well with the eating... except weekends - I get bored! :(
I think I HAVE to start going to the gym on Saturdays and/or Sundays! It's a pain in the a*s* though; buses are very unregular at weekends :(

Yeah sounds like a pain. Luckily, I have a small gym at my apartment complex. That way I have no excuse! I pig out on the weekends too. You gotta live a little, right?!

@ AllisonH - don't make me feel so bad about pigging out now :D :thumbup:

There is a gym that's closer to me but I've already signed up for a 12 month contract on the other one... it's only £10 a month though so I'm on edge about whether to just go to the closer one anyway :-k

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->