Urghhhh acid reflux!!! Any tips appreciated!

M

mamaofthree

Hi Ladies,

I have a hiatus hernia and it causes laryngeal reflux which burns my oesophagus/throat/larynx; I'm a singer and play woodwind instruments for a living too and it's meaning I can't work.:cry: The GP has me on omeprazole twice daily and I don't eat eggs, dairy, spice, caffeine,( the list goes on!) To top it off, I spent from 6 until 9 Am being sick and now my throat is on fire. :cry: Sorry to whinge! Have never had it this bad before and I'm only 7 weeks! Feel awful with it. Does anyone else get this? Or know of any more natural remedies to help or soothe?

Thanks in advance :hugs:

:( hugs xx I'm a singer too and had such a bad throat a couple of weeks ago the only thing that relieved it and got me through gigs was honey in hot water .... I really think it helped me recover more quickly too !I also took paracetamol when I really needed them xx hope you feel better soon xxxx

Thank you! I've just ordered some Manuka honey; hoping it does the trick! Really worried all this acid will damage my larynx :( X

Thank you! I've just ordered some Manuka honey; hoping it does the trick! Really worried all this acid will damage my larynx :( X

That's exactly what I bought too ! My sister in law swears by it and she was right :) .... flipping expensive though 😷 .... really try to rest your voice when you can ! I found after my throat healed I began to get a cough so I carried on with the honey and so far so good :) xxx

Try a teaspoon of baking soda in 6-8 oz of water, take a few sips at a time. Tastes not so great, like old flat water, but it has worked miracles for me! Gets rid of indegestion, gas, acid reflux and general icky tummy... And you can use it throughout the day and night, no side effects, totally safe.
It actually got hubby off Prilosec totally, and he was a daily user of that stuff for years until using the baking soda and water, which he does throughout the day now too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->