Urrmmm...pretty terrified

xJessie91x

Reaction score
Ok so surely I can't be the only one, I've been pretty good at focusing on the here and now and despite learning lots about labour I've kind of been looking at it from an outsiders point of view ... Now I'm 35 weeks 3 days I'm bloody pooping it. As much as I can help it I don't want any medication, I want a water birth and will try gas and air but I've not really ever had to deal with any pain. I'm just scared of how I will cope (I know it's inevitable and theres no easy option, dang! :haha: ) I'm guessing this is normal and I'm not alone?!

I'm only 29 weeks and i'm already having mini panic attacks occasionally. I know once i'm further along it's gonna get worse. i'm not so much worried about the pain as i am the thought of birthing a human being. I can't get over how bizarre that is.

I agree, it's a weird and scary thought!
I just keep focussing on the fact that I've had pancreatitis and people keep telling me that if I got through that then I can manage labour no problem!

..yay..lol..

Aw bless tami at least you can focus on that lol. X
Leeloo - I used to suffer with bad panic attacks alot but since being pregnant I've dealt with it pretty well, until now lol. X

I guess thousands have done it once and many gone and done it again ... So it Cant be that bad .. Right?!?!?! Xx

I had a mini meltdown tonight especially after midwife telling me
Baby is back to back and then googling !!!!

The stress will remain until you have baby. I remember crying in the hospital at 39 weeks with kidney stones and no meds that would work while pregnant. I told DH I changed my mind and I didn't really want to have this baby, lol. Like that was an option at the time. I just wanted to go back to normal and I honestly thought I had changed my mind

Nope, totally not alone! I do have moments of absolute, blind panic where I just completely freak out and have been known to burst into tears or get palpitations at the thought of what lies ahead lol. Part of me actually almost becomes convinced that if I wish it hard enough then it'll just go away and I won't have to do it :haha:
But it whatever we have to go through, it'll totally be worth it for our beautiful bubbies :D

I was pretty scared the first time but was weirdly unscared once labor actually started. Frankly, not too excited about this time either, but more of a dread than fear. I managed it all natural too, so it probably wasn't all that bad.

I also was looking at it from a very practical, distant, well everyone goes thru it it will be fine type way...now I'm 38 weeks and it's really starting to hit me....and it's freaking me out too! It doesn't help that every woman I meet seems to want to tell me how horrible their labor was, or give me all their labor tips that quite frankly I don't want to hear!

Kaleido - I know right! Everyone has to tell you there own experiences.
Ive actually been very surprised at the amount of innappropriate or unnecessary comments I've had since being pregnant. It's like people can say what they want ... Oh and touch what they want when they want lol! Annnddd breath :haha: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->