US at 6wks 2days, only measuring 5wks 2days...is this normal?

Akn25

Reaction score
I went to have my first ultrasound done today at what I thought was 6 weeks 2 days. I was so excited after looking up other scans at that timeframe and hopeful that we would see the start of our little baby and possibly even a heartbeat. Unfortunately the tech said that I was only measuring at 5 weeks 2 days and that there was no fetal pole yet because it was too early (there was a sac & yolk). She did not seem worried at all but she also isn't my doctor (scan was done at a separate lab). Is it normal to measure that far behind? The start of my LMP was October 25, and I tested a faint positive on November 19 and then consistently darker the following days. If the ultrasound is correct then I would have only been not even three weeks pregnant when I got my first positive. This doesn't seem right to me. Is it possible that the tech was wrong? I can't stop worrying thinking that my baby stopped growing or that something else is wrong. Please help ladies!

I think the earliest u can get a positive bfp is about 7 dpo, when you allow for implantation and sperm meeting egg etc, so yes it is possible to get a bfp at 3 weeks, though it's quite rare. I got my bfp when I was pregnant with our DD at 8 dpo ( though was v faint) At this point they're so tiny the tiniest inaccuracy in measuring can make a huge difference in terms of dates. I know it's hard but try not to worry yourself, I'm sure ul go back and either baby will have caught up or it will be confirmed that u were a week out with ur dates. Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->