US bump buddy (text, email,..) due around Aug. 8 !!

A friend of mine just gave me the gift set jocelyn just mentioned, and I started the journal, it's nice. I had been keeping a little diary of sorts in a notebook so I just transferred them to the journal, so I would have it for keepsake:)

raylynn - I have a few... the Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy by Vicki Iovine is awesome & witty - a quick read. For more substance I have the Pregnancy Week by Week & I also downloaded the Working Woman's Pregnancy Book.

I'll probably just stick w/those until I go public - then I can raid my friends libraries... I also think that in a couple of months I'll need to focus on some good books abt how to actually take care of a baby. Gulp.

Those sound like some good options, thanks :D When I went for my first appointment they gave a full bag of info and there was one that was like a journal/calendar/notebook. It's pretty cool and has advice for the different trimesters. :happydance:

I've been doing pretty good, I had my first week of classes and managed to make it through. Although today I'm feeling pretty run down, so lazy day for me :D How are you doing?

Hi ladies! I'm doing better... at 11w, 5d, I'm finally experiencing some relief from MS & the migraine headaches. I actually feel kind of normal for some periods of time - but still get pretty tired. At least it's not the exhaustion I used feel a few weeks ago. I remember reading in one of my pregnancy books just after learning I was pregnant that the 1st tri can be as tiring as running a marathon. Well I ran my first marathon in November of 2009 & thought what an exaggeration ... but omgosh, there was about a 6 week period when I was seriously more tired than when I ran the marathon.

I also just ordered a book off amazon called "The Working Gal's Guide to Babyville" by Paige Hobey. It's excellent - one of the better books I think if you're working & planning on continuing to work.

Is anyone managing to eat healthy? I generally can manage a salad daily & some fruit - but I must admit that I could definitely do better in this area. I've actually had a couple of Tacobell cravings which is very bizarre since I live in the Tex Mex capital of the world & used to be a real snob abt not ever eating tacobell...

Hi ladies!! Looks like we're all doing pretty good! I'm getting reallllly excited now, are you??

I'm going to try that book, submarinegirl, I need to move on from the pregnancy books and start to prepare for actually having a baby around:) I have been eating healthy, but too much--partly nerves (I always eat when I'm worried or preoccupied), and partly increased appetite. So this week I am laying off the sympathy foods (I'm pretty sure Junior doesn't need the nutrition from Wendy's chocolate frosty's, gawd I love those things).

It's funny, my only real craving has been mexican food! But I can't eat it because I can't eat wheat and I'm pretty sure I couldn't get much there that doesn't have wheat, so it's torturing me to not have it!

How you feeling Joceyln?

I am getting really excited too. Now that it's 12 weeks I feel better starting to tell people! Yay :D

I'm trying to eat healthier. I just got some clemintines last night and eating whole grains. Luckily I haven't been feeling sick so it's been easier to work on eating healthy. The hardest part is that my DH is bringing home salty chips and pepsi. He won't let me drink the pepsi...but those chips are hard to turn down sometimes. Especially when he makes guacamole...

I'm getting extremely excited. After I saw the baby at the 8 week scan it became so much more real to me.

I've actually been feeling yucky the last couple of weeks. I even threw up for the first time this weekend :-( I thought I'd made it past that dreaded MS mark, but nope, sure didn't. Normally its just an overall yucky feeling. Nothing compared to horror stories I've heard though, so I can't complain too much!!

I have to eat all the time, its really the only thing that helps when I start feeling sick. I've basically lived on saltine crackers! Not very healthy, but I'm hoping soon I'll be back to a normal eating habit and start getting the baby the things they need to grow!

PAgal, if you haven't gotten the babyville book yet, I ordered it through amazon for $0.1 cent & 3.99 shipping. Wendy's frostys sounds perfect - I forgot about those. I was eating klondike bars for a while but am tired of those now. I'm going to go the frosty route the next time I need something cool. In San Antonio, a lot of our tex mex is served w/lovely homemade thick corn tortillas... not sure in SA but aside from flour tortillas, I think there should a good many dishes that are wheat free.

Although the morning sickness is mostly gone, I still do have that general icky feeling. The worst part is not too much sounds good to eat - although I feel famished so much of the time. & it's a scary desperate hungry - like there is a clock ticking & if I don't eat now I'm going to feel really really sick.

I'm also constantly thirsty & although I try to limit liquids after 8p - I'm still back & forth to the bathroom 4 to 6x a night. Which is why I'm still tired... I'm just so looking forward to all of that 2nd trimester energy I keep hearing about...

I've actually been feeling yucky the last couple of weeks. I even threw up for the first time this weekend :-( I thought I'd made it past that dreaded MS mark, but nope, sure didn't. Normally its just an overall yucky feeling. Nothing compared to horror stories I've heard though, so I can't complain too much!!

jocelynmarie - I got sick for the first time around 8 to 9 weeks too. It really seemed the worst during week 9. Mid-way into week 10 it started to get better - I think the placenta starts to take over some of the work so your hormone levels start decreasing. I also found that ice water, as simple as it sounds, helped sometimes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->