us girls- help

_laura

Mummy to Monster Max
Reaction score
as some of you know my brother will be living in america soon for basketball.
first of all is there an insurance company that will take him on for health insurance (as in will something like medicaid cover him?)
and secondly he needs a mobile phone, well the sim card infact as he already has a phone. are there any cell phone lines that are pay as you go rather than contracts?

im so confused and trying to sort this out for him!:dohh:

ATT has phones that are called to go phones.
The insurance im unsure about

medicaid is for ages newborn up to 21 years old so if he is under 21 i think it should cover him and he also has to have a social security number to qualify. Yes there are pay as you go phones, I personally have metro pcs its a no contract phone and you can cancel anytime you pay each month aroung $40 for internet, unlimited txt msgs, and unlimited minutes

I'm not in the US...so don't know about phones, but how long is he going for? You might be able to get insurance from the uk to cover him...i'm moving to Italy for a year, and will take out an isurance policy from the UK...so guess it would depend how long he's there for etc. X

Well, health insurance wise.. IF he's being brought into a school or a job they may provide his health care. I know we bring a lot of international people into my workplace and we give them health insurance that they don't have to pay for but they do have to pay co-pays or hospital fees when they go to the doctor, just like a regular insurance.

Although I remember you asking me and if he's coming here for school, sometimes they will have some sort of student health insurance. OR he may qualify for Medicaid which would be virtually free, especially if he's a student.

I have sim cards in my phone, I have t-mobile..

thanks girlies! Passed on all the info to my mum to look into. its hurting my head haha

Phones, straight talk ( at walmart is pretty) att & verizin have togo phones. Insurance im unsure about :)

I can almost ensure you that if he's not from america, medicaid or the likes won't cover him. I liked the suggestion of getting a policy from the UK, because that would probably be way easier.

Straight Talk, from Walmart has a pretty cheap phone, and its $45 a month for unlimited everything, or $30 a month for 1000 minutes, texts and 30mb of internet. Most pre-paid phones charge an unreasonable amount for pay as you go daily, like $2 a day to use the phone. Boost Mobile, and Metro PCS are also good to check out, and have no contract.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->