US: People attacking Senator Rick Santorum about his dead child

Jess137

Pregnant w/1st - 3rd Tri!
Reaction score
I just saw this online and it made me sick seeing the comments that people are making. I personally don't like Senator Santorum, or his politics, but I can't believe that people are ridiculing him for this. I am talking about the first part of the story, I'll post the link below. He and his wife had a baby boy that was born at 20 weeks, and only lived for 2 hours. They took the baby home after he passed, introduced him to his siblings, and spent the night with the baby at home.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A61804-2005Apr17.html
I have never been pregnant or lost a child, but I absolutely understand the need to bond and say goodbye to their baby, even after he was gone. And for people to say the disgusting things about this, it's just horrible. Comments like, "Rick, didn't you bring a corpse home with it and sleep with it? I just want to get my facts straight.", "Was the corpse cold?", and "Did you sing the corpse a lullaby?" (taken from his Facebook page). I don't understand how something so deeply personal could be taken and used as a weapon against someone. Anyone else have an opinion on this?

I am not from the US, so have no opinion one way or another on the politician in general... but I completely agree with you it is pretty low to ridicule someone about their loss of a child and how they handled the grief process.

Unfortunately that is politics for you though, any little thing you do/say/happens to you will be seized and exploited.

i think its disgusting and extremely insensitive to anyone who has lost a child for comments like this to be made. nobody can tell another person how to grieve or cope with the loss of a child. when an adult passes there is normally a period of several days before the funeral and cremation/grave service its not like we as humans dont leave our dead out to say goodbye to them when they are adults so how is saying goodbye to your child any different?

How utterly cold & disrespectful ... That's just awful. For people to throw his deceased child in his face like that is just sickening. I swear people don't even have souls sometimes.

I am disgusted by that - I have no idea who he is but no one should be subjeted to such disgusting treatment. We are all human beings with feelings even if we may be politicians or whatever, work and personal grief should be completely separate.x

I hadn't heard this story. How horrible! I didn't read the article... did it say how he reacted? I think I probably would have started throwing punches!

They didn't say. It's an old story though, just been brought back up recently due to all the political stuff going on, and the election, etc.

That is disgusting. Some people have no manners or shame.

Even if you dont agree with his politics it doesnt give anyone the right to say nasty things about his child

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->