USA Exits Iraq

O

Ozzieshunni

https://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57343397/census-data-half-of-u.s-poor-or-low-income/

I hope that the USA can now focus on itself and start fixing the economy.

I mean in hindsight it is great news for family's, economy etc but just what about the people who died, did they die in vain, was it worth it, have things really changed?

LOL i didn't read the thread correctly.. i wasn't talking about Iraq, so never mind :) x

EDITED

USA isn't going to really exit Iraq like people think. There will still be troops there for many years to come, and troops will still be deployed to other spots in the Middle East. One of our friends is now just getting ready to deploy to Iraq and I still have family and friends there or who will be going there shortly, as well as Afghanistan.

There's a "skeleton crew" in Iraq and they'll keep them there. They'll do the same to Afghanistan in x amount of years. Hopefully before they do that, they completely withdrawal all troops from Iraq. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they start deployments in Iran next.

-350 people a month die in Iraq, mainly due to magnetic bombs under cars and the like.
-There are millions of internally displaced people in Iraq. Around half a million of them are living as squatters in slums. Iraq should be a rich country. They have enormous oil reserves.
-The US will have around 16000 people still in Iraq after today, based in the Embassy and the majority involved in security.
-4500 US soldiers and tens of thousands of Iraqis have been killed.

The sovereign government in Iraq is neither strong nor robust. The country is vulnerable to further internal unrest as well as being an easy target for Iran. Our actions in Iraq and across the Middle East are not creating long lasting peace or improvement. They are just causing the loss of innocent life on each side.

Now lets just hope they resist the urge to interfere in, iran, syra, somalia, etc. Oh wait they are already heavily involved undercover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->