Used wool, opinions please! (quite pic heavy, sorry)

Rachel_C

Reaction score
I bought some used wool wraps on usednappies.co.uk and I'm really disappointed :cry:

One pair is unused so that's fine, but the other two pairs are used (which I knew). The leg holes are really stretched (to be expected) but there are stains round the leg holes, a little hole in a leg cuff and they're quite felted. Now I feel very foolish because the item description didn't say much about condition, but I did expect them to be decent and usednappies does say that sellers should mention any stains etc. BUT it does occur to me that I've never bought used wool before so maybe I'm being too fussy? If this is how wool is normally, I'm never buying used again!

I've posted some photos below... if you use wool, could you please tell me if I'm being stupid? Thanks!

Ok this is the photo that was on the listing:
https://www.moohouse.co.uk/personal/wool/woolenwraps.jpg

And this was the 'description':
"Three woolen wraps. One brand new, the others used. I found woolen wraps fantastic - no leaks and no, they don't smell. Wool cleans itself and can be washed, too."

This is the new one for comparison:
https://www.moohouse.co.uk/personal/wool/new.jpg

One of the used ones:
https://www.moohouse.co.uk/personal/wool/whole.jpg

The legs, the stains don't show very well unfortunately:
https://www.moohouse.co.uk/personal/wool/legs.jpg

The hole is only tiny and only through one layer of the cuff:
https://www.moohouse.co.uk/personal/wool/hole.jpg

And I've just found this lovely mark on the inside waistband:
https://www.moohouse.co.uk/personal/wool/stain.jpg

Please be honest and tell me if I'm expecting way too much! I did only pay £15 for the three pairs, but I would rather have bought one new pair of Disana pants for less cos I don't want to put Leyla in the used ones!

Thanks.

cant you paypal dispute, item not as described and return to sender?

Hmm I dont use wool but I'd never sell something in that condition :nope:

I'm going to ask the seller for a refund if people think I'm not expecting too much. If she won't, I'll raise it with Paypal.

i've no experience with used wool but i'd be very disappointed too - i think they did a bit of clever photography to hide the bad areas which is naughty of them :growlmad:

none of my used wool has been like that. The felted stuff (which I prefer as it works better LOL) Id expect but not the stains and stretching, marks like that should be mentioned

That staining is terrible and was hidden by good photography!! I would be just as unhappy Rachel, definitely fight your corner x

i've no experience with used wool but i'd be very disappointed too - i think they did a bit of clever photography to hide the bad areas which is naughty of them :growlmad:

I think so too :devil:

none of my used wool has been like that. The felted stuff (which I prefer as it works better LOL) Id expect but not the stains and stretching, marks like that should be mentioned

I'm glad to hear that, I don't want to never buy used wool again!

Yeah that was some clever photography as she's covered up the stains with the next ones...hmm if it were me I would ask for my money back.

Yeah felting is to be expected but should be mentioned in the listing, that staining is AWFUL though, I would never sell anything stained. :(

I have found both here and on other sites that items without much description are to be avoided. I wouldn't be happy with them. I think people should be honest and out the condition of an item then you can decide if you want to buy. Dont feel daft not your faulty someone has bent the truth by omitting how they really are.

hmm that does seem a bit dodgy, if i had something in that state id prob never dream of selling it and would at most freecycle it, youve basically paid £15 for one pair there :wacko:

x

Sorry with Paypal if you received the item that's it...unless you bought on Ebay. If you bought on Ebay you can use the "item not as described" option...but not with other sites :(

I would contact the seller, I wouldn't be happy either. I would ask her to either discount the 2 that are not in very good condition...if you're willing to keep them, or tell her you want a refund. I don't know if usednappies is like diaperswappers? But they have mods on there that will take care of issues like this if the seller isn't wanting to cooperate

That's what I thought about paypal :( I have emailed the seller asking for a full refund so I'm waiting for her reply. It was the first thing she'd sold on the site and she has no other feedback so she has nothing to lose by saying no. I just hope she's decent about it. I don't think the site will do anything either - they say they will help as much as possible but they don't accept responsibility for anything. Fingers crossed she'll refund me!

I wouldn't be too happy with that either tbh! Hope she messages you back!

Thats awful, i hate when these things happen!!! Hope you get that refund!

Ugh, the lady has replied offering me either some plastic wraps as compensation or a £5 refund :growlmad:

Apparently she thought that the new wrap was the main item with the other wraps thrown in as a bonus. Not a nice bonus certainly!!!

I've replied saying that I can buy a brand new wrap for £10 so would not have paid more than £6 for her new one. I've requested a refund of £8.50 or said that I will return all three to her for a refund minus her postage costs.

The new wrap is fine but this has left a nasty taste in my mouth so I don't even want that one now. Think she's going to make me keep it though :cry:

If all else fails, I have her address mwahahahahaaaa

She's agreed to an £8.50 refund :happydance:

Would have preferred to send the whole lot back but better than nothing! Thanks for everyone's help.

Cheek, it didn't say on the listing "for sale, one new wrap. will throw in two crap ones for free!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->