Using a spoon to feed themselves

Arcanegirl

Bazinga!!
Reaction score
What age are they capable of feeding themselves with a spoon?

Do you mean them loading the spoon themselves and eating it or taking a preloaded spoon from you?

No way would Aisling be able toload the spoon herself yet but for a good while now she'll take the preloaded spoon off me, put it in her mouth and then hand it back for more.

Honor was doing this from 5 months but she can load a spoon herself now. Although she does prefer to use her hands lol!

Ruby could feed herself with a pre loaded spoon as soon as we started BLW at 6m. She'd spit the food out though, lol.

I handed Emma a preloaded spoon for the first time today and she took it and got grumpy when it was empty so I loaded it with more. :haha: I was wondering this exact same thing but decided to just give it a shot and it worked! :thumbup:

Im not sure at what age she started to do this...but its now at the stage where she wants to hold it and I help her load it onto the spoon and she giggles and thinks its funny before sticking it in her mouth.

archie has just started to load the spoon himself, sometimes with help other times he will manage it. sometimes the food makes it to his mouth other times it flicks up my walls but hes having fun lol

Seren will grab the spoon off me when I'm feeding her and put it in her mouth, but she won't load the spoon herself. She's really good with a fork instead.

We attempted a spoon around 7 months but it usually ended up on her forehead and she'd get frustrated,

Around 9 months I guess we started doing a preloaded fork and she does well with it, tries to load it herself but can't quite get it yet lol.

We'll try a spoon again soon

luca is almost 8 mths old .. weve tried it... he got it in his mouth a few times.. otherwise its in his hair haha

I've tried it but Phoebe is just not interested she just chucks the food on the floor and chews the spoon! She much prefers using her hands but i'm going to try again in a few weeks.

Seren will grab the spoon off me when I'm feeding her and put it in her mouth, but she won't load the spoon herself. She's really good with a fork instead.

Annabelle is the same as this, she will do preloaded really well and tries really hard to load the spoon herself but cant but is good at stabbing food with a fork!

Lou
xxx

I've tried it but Phoebe is just not interested she just chucks the food on the floor and chews the spoon! She much prefers using her hands but i'm going to try again in a few weeks.

Lindsey's the same! oh well, hands are fine for now :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->