Using progesterone cream

Mrs_chris_36

Reaction score
If you use a small dose of progesterone cream everyday to help lengthen your luteal phase would it do you any harm if you didn't really need it?

My luteal phase seems to average around 10-13 days, my af seems to have turned up a couple of days early the last couple of times and I've had 2 chemicals now and 1 mc. I don't seem to have an issue getting the egg fertilised but it does seem to have a problem implanting. I've also started taking bromelain to encourage the egg to implant.

I don't know if i have low progesterone and it would be highly unlikely the drs would test it until I'd had 3 mc's. So if i don't have low p then would using it cause any harm?

Not really. Your body will produce so much progesterone when you're pregnant that the small amount you're using isn't going to harm anything.

There are several studies (will try to find you links) that show an increasing trend of a low progesterone to estrogen ratio in women today due to the estrogen laden foods and personal care products women eat/use so I don't think you could do much harm there. Just make sure to get a brand that is reputable for having natural ingredients and a consistent proved dosage per ml of product. There are a lot of cheap brands that have unhealthy additives and/or no real progesterone present to make a difference.

If you aren't already be sure to chart your bbt. You can really throw your cycles off or prevent O if you take it too early. I would take it two days after FF confirmed O just to be sure. Vitex added 1-2 days to my 8 day luteal phases and Progest brand progesterone cream was the brand I used to get it to 14 days. Voila sticky bean!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->