Using Pull-Out Method during Fertile Time? *UPDATE p.2*

We have relied on the pull out method for 9 years now and never had any scares. :) In my opinion its been a lot more reliable than a lot of ppl think it is.

I feel like I was lied to through fearmongering in my teens. I was given the impression that any penis inside you ever equals a baby, and precum contains loads of sperm, and it could HAPPEN AT ANY MOMENT.:gun:

3.5 years say no. It's far more likely that you need millions of sperm inside you a few days before or the day of your egg release. I wish someone had just told me that.

Getting pregnant. It's harder than you think (I have unsuccessfully TTC in the past with a partner with a low count. Another factor to consider).

I have a friend who was using the withdrawal method for years before she and her OH got married, but I think they both secretly hoped there would be an accident- the funny thing is, because there never was an accidental pregnancy, she thought it was a sign of fertility problems! Once they were married and had sex without withdrawing, she got pregnant pretty quickly...

My hubby and I have been using the pull out for a year and a half now, not that long of a time...I was charting my cycles using Natural Family Planning...too lazy to do temps but checking cm and stuff. So during the infertile times, he wouldn't have to pull out. First time and only time he didn't pull out...BFP! (Although it resulted in an early mc)

I'm personally a fan of it!

one of my angels is from using a birth control with the pull out method, so it can and does happen... and we did not do anything before hand so there would be sperm in his penis...he was clean....

i was told that there are man sperm in pre ejac and that if the guy has no problems you can get pregnant...well there must of been a determined sperm cause i got pregnant on two types of birth control if you figure it....

i think the pull out method works if the guys is not the furtile or if your not oving.....

other wise how to explain what happened to me..

my girfriends daughter was born with them using the pull out method correctly a well...

i dont feel comfortable telling people that you just cannot get pregnant using it as you can i think unless the reasons above......well its my knowledge from using it and my friends daughter being here...

i think if you use it while not oing it can work...

i think the pull out method works if the guys is not the furtile or if your not oving.....

I understand what happened to you, and nobody is saying it can't happen, but my theory is it's a lot harder generally than people think it is.

The infertility suggestion is a truly horrible thought, I highly doubt all us ladies who haven't had an accident have infertile partners :nope: That was a slightly upsetting sentence to read to be honest, as someone who has used pullout for 3.5 years. Not sure if you mean not ovulating at the time of intercourse or just generally not ovulating ever, but I can assure you that I ovulate regularly and we have sex during those times.

Getting pregnant is normally a difficult business requiring the right timing and millions of sperm. I understand you got pregnant using pullout and BC, but that is comparatively rare.

OP here, thanks for all your replies. We have now made it 2 months using pull out without an oops and we'll probably keep using it because I do not want to start the pill at 33 and we both sort of hate condoms. If I got pregnant, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, but ideally I'd like to wait until we are married.

Wonders10.. My bf and I had unprotected sex for like 5-7 seconds on Jan. 17 (last period was Jan. 4th) he put it in once, took it out and wiped off his precum, then put it back in for two thrusts. he had not ejaculated in 2 or 3 days. He didn't even ejaculate that night. Think there is any chance I'm pregnant? I'm 18.

We have been using this method for the last just about 8 years. No issues.

Me and dh used this method for years and years, lost count actually, with no accidents or oops moments, and I too worried about our fertility. When we TTC we got pregnant first go so I don't think it means there are any fertility problems!

My Husband & I have used the pull out method successfully for 7 years, and have dtd during ovulation too many times. have been pregnant twice in our 10 year realtionship but that is when we were trying to get pregnant.

We used the pullout method for 5 years without any issues, but my LO is living proof that it can and does happen, even if it's been successful for years. I agree that it's less common than people think, and like any other method of BC it's not 100% effective. You take a bit of an extra chance using the pullout method because there's room for 'human error'.

After getting pregnant with my LO there's NO CHANCE I will ever use the pullout method again unless I'm okay with possibly getting pregnant. It definitely strikes me as a risky activity now that I've lived it. :haha:

Me and my oh have been using the withdrawal method for 8 years. We got pregnant both times as we were actually trying, lol.

I have been pregnant 3 times, none of which are due to the pull out method. #1 was a burst condom, #2 was the mini pill, and #3 was miscalculatin our fertile period and not pulling out! For our entire relationship, except 6 months on the mini pill (resulting in pregnancy 2!) and 9 months on the injection (resulting in me being a moody fat cow haha) we have used withdrawal and never had a pregnancy. We are both definitely fertile as we have been pregnant 3 times!

We have been using the pull out method for 2 years. We were pulling out during my fertile week and not pulling out a couple times before and after my period. One month I must have ovulated early and I ended up pregnant but sadly miscarried.

Differently, I've never solely used the pull out method. I've used it in conjunction with the mini pill (can't take normal pill because of migraines) on and off for years. between those and sometimes using condoms when missed a pill, never been pregnant yet.

Would really like to cone off the mini pill and allow my body to try and normalise itself properly before ttc in autumn 2016. My other partner moves in over the summer. Might talk to them about swapping to condoms and pullout in October time.

We're currently using the pull-out method after me having the coil for 18 months, whilst we decide when we want to properly TTC.

I've only allowed it because I know within the next 6 months ish we will want to start TTC, and if we did have an accidental pregnancy we wouldn't be too upset. However, from what I've read now I've researched it a bit, it's actually quite an effective form of contraception. If it's practiced properly and your man is experienced then it can be as reliable as using condoms I think. The reason it's strongly discouraged in sex education for teenagers is because they're usually young, inexperienced couples who won't practice it properly in which case the effectiveness is reduced a lot! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->