UTI, Blood in Urine...Reassure Me!

wonders10

Mommy to an Adorable Girl
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I started getting some uti symptoms so went to the urgent care this morning. Turns out I do have a uti, she prescribed pregnancy safe meds so that's good. But she said she found traces of blood in my urine and I should follow up with my OB. I asked if it could be blood from my vagina and she said it's rare, unless I was on my period which I'm obviously not. I have had zero spotting that I've been able to notice so I hope she is right and it's just from the uti. The timing is awful though...this is the exact point in my last pregnancy that I started spotting and feeling off, and sadly it ended in a mmc.

So, does it sound like it's probably just the uti causing the blood? I'm definitely calling my ob tomorrow but 24 hours is a long time!

Try not to panic, uti are so common in pregnancy. My sister had them constantly through her pregnancy. They also found traces of blood & she had kidney infections numerous times. Her little boy fine & healthy xx

Yes iv been told blood in urine with infection before I think it's quite common

Yes, blood in the urine is a very very common symptom of a uti (it's often a diagnostic factor if you don't have any other clear symptoms!).

If you haven't noticed any spotting then it's almost impossible that this is the cause of the blood in the urine as you would have to be spotting very noticeably for it to get into a urine sample, especially a mid stream sample.

Definitely go see your OB if you're worried but I would bet good money the clinic doctor has it right. :thumbup::flower:

Uti's are common in pregnancy, women that had not had them before might get them when pregnant. Blood in urine is a given with uti's, so no need to worry there! I had 3 of them in my lifetime and there was always quite a bit of blood in urine with each of them. Did a ton of research and asked my doc, all confirmed its ok. You and :baby: should be just fine!

Definitely think from the UTI. I've only ever had one UTI and there was blood in my urine. You'll be fine :thumbup:

Thank you everyone, I'm feeling better about it, im still going to call my dr tomorrow and she will probably want to see me. They usually do when they hear "blood". Maybe I'll even get a scan!

Try not to worry you are getting it treated and that's what's important! I doubt it would be blood from your vagina because you would have had spotting..? I had a mc with trace of bloods in urine but I had been spotting.
I also had a really bad UTI once and my urine was pure blood absolutely awful but it cleared up really fast. Drink plenty of water to flush it out xxx

Thank you everyone! I'm feeling a lot better about everything.

I did call my dr this morning and she said to come in but it's not an emergency, so I'm going in tomorrow. Fingers crossed that everything looks good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->