uti - took two weeks to find out?

applecinnamon

Reaction score
So i found out today I have a uti. Will be on antibiotics for a bit. My question is wondering if its normal to not get urinary/blood test results for two weeks? I had urine/blood taken two weeks ago and have just got a phone call today telling me i need antibiotics. Ive never had to wait that long for test results when i wasn't pregnant, let alone when i was.

Thinking of changing doctors now as I feel like i was kind of an after thought to them. I know uti's are very common in pregnancy, but not finding out for two weeks seems unacceptable to me. Thoughts? Am I just overreacting? Thanks!

No, that's not normal, or ok. I guarantee they got the results within a day. Quite frankly, I would call and ask them why it took so long, and then switch Drs. Uti's can be dangerous to a pregnancy. Personally I have very little tolerance for Drs or medical persons who are not proactive for their patients. Geez, 2 weeks??? No excuse for that!!!

No, that's not normal, or ok. I guarantee they got the results within a day. Quite frankly, I would call and ask them why it took so long, and then switch Drs. Uti's can be dangerous to a pregnancy. Personally I have very little tolerance for Drs or medical persons who are not proactive for their patients. Geez, 2 weeks??? No excuse for that!!!

Thanks! I thought it was crazy. They prob had the results at least within the first few days and just two nights ago i noticed a little blood in my urine and was planning on calling today anyways because of that, well they called first to say i had a large amount of e. coli present. I was glad that i had an answer but then i thought about it and started getting ticked off. They completely dropped the ball and forgot to tell me. Luckily, i had no real symptoms until just recently....but still, ive had this infection for 2+ weeks untreated. Not cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->