UTI?

tasha41

Mum & Dad + 1
Reaction score
Okay so I've had several bladder infections... and a couple of kidney infections too. I think I have a bladder infection right now :dohh: but I'm not entirely sure... what are "for sure" signs you have a UTI? I've never had problems with "burning" when I pee ever while I've had an infection, so that's out as a possible symptom.. I do have to pee all the time, but I'm also drinking more water right now, but I have a couple other signs :dohh:

i am like you. cloudy urine is a big one. i had a second kidney infection a few weeks ago, and at the start of my pregnancy i had a big bladder infection that required two different types of antibiotics to get rid of it. i never burned while peeing and i wipe my butt properly. but kidney infections are awful, definitely get your infection dealt with before it goes that far. i have been in the hospital both times with mine. sometimes you just know. get em to run your urine at the docs. ;)

Tasha, other symptoms include fever, lower back pain, frequent urge to urinate, and the yucky, pukey feeling you can get while your body is dealing with an infection. If you have a full-blown bladder or kidney infection, you will most likely need anitbiotics, but sometimes a mild UTI can be managed with unsweetened cranberry juice. It's quite brilliant how quickly it works. And keep drinking lots of water. Your body needs help to flush the bacteria out.
If it doesn't clear up in a day or so, go see a doc - like RainboP says, kidney infections are serious business.

I am drinking 2L of water a day already :( but I did buy pure cranberry juice, the stuff that's like $12/L this evening. I called my doctor's office today, they said I don't need to make an appointment, just go to the lab tomorrow and they'll send the requisition for the test to them (in the same building) and they'll call in a prescription for me.

However I can tell it's gotten worse today:( I'm so mad. I'm tired, I feel icky, and I'm starting up with lower back pain.. I just hope it stays in the lower back/lower abdomen and doesn't move up too far, I know flank pain is sure fire sign of kidney infection.. ugh. I got one last July and honestly it was pure hell, I thought it was worse than labour. Until back labour came in to play!!

cranberry juice isnt a fix, only a preventer. i would have a jug a week and that should keep you clear. i enjoy pure cranberry juice heated up like cider. quite tasty :)

cranberry juice isnt a fix, only a preventer. i would have a jug a week and that should keep you clear. i enjoy pure cranberry juice heated up like cider. quite tasty :)

I think it depends how deep-seated the infection is. I have had a mild UTI clear up with just cranberry juice.
If you are prone to UTIs or bladder infections, then having cran in your diet as a preventative is a great idea, as suggested. You can also buy it as a herbal tea (Traditional Medicinals makes a really good one) and as tablets.

Ooh Tasha I really feel for you cos I was hospitalised with a kidney infection when I was pg. It didn't hurt when I weed either but I had lower back pain x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->