V-day question

SpideyMom

Reaction score
When does V-day start? I thought it was 24 weeks but when I look at my signature below it says it's starting now at 22 weeks?

Yeah I've the same ticker as you, and mine said the same at 22 weeks. To me thats a little early...

I think places that say 22 aren't counting the 2 weeks between your last menstral cycle and conception, they are only counting the age of the baby. Accounting for that it would still be 24 weeks. Timing measurements aren't always standardized unfortunately. I wish v-day was 22 weeks, it would have made the premature labor I started to have at 23 weeks a little less scary! (luckily it was stopped)

Awful thing to say but abortions are legal up to 24 weeks in the uk so viability isn't until then.

Don't understand your ticker as if it is missing out those first two weeks then at 35 weeks you'll be full term?!

Confusing! X

I think places that say 22 aren't counting the 2 weeks between your last menstral cycle and conception, they are only counting the age of the baby. Accounting for that it would still be 24 weeks. Timing measurements aren't always standardized unfortunately. I wish v-day was 22 weeks, it would have made the premature labor I started to have at 23 weeks a little less scary! (luckily it was stopped)

I'm on bedrest with threatened premature labor that started at 23+6. Maybe we can encourage each other!

MummyofAnge, I'm so sorry for your losses. My heart goes out to you.

OP, yes, viability day is at 24 weeks. I'm still praying to make it to 30. Constantly worrying.. Sending y'all hugs:)

Thanks ladies and very sorry for your losses MommyofAnge :hugs2:

Babies have survived as young as 22 weeks but the chance of survival doesn't reach 50% until 24 weeks, which is why 24 weeks is usually cited as the limit of viability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->