Vaccinations..!

Blue_bumpkin

Love My Little Monkey :)
Reaction score
Hi there,

I am not a 100% natural parent but wanted to know what your take was on immunisations. I do feel i am being steered more towards having these but wasnt sure so wanted some advice.

I dont want a debate or to offend anyone just if you did get lo immunised and your reasons or if you didnt get lo immunised and your reasons.

Thanks in advance... x

Bella was exclusively breastfed for 6.5 months, and still nurses now. She is getting wonderful health benefits from it! That being said, I chose to vaccinate. My reason is that while BF is great, it does not protect LOs from the many preventable diseases out there, like Measles, Rubella, Polio, etc... It's an important decision that definately requires research and thought. Good luck! :)

Both of mine are/will be fully vaccinated. I do however run a delayed programme and my son didnt get his first MMR til much later than most (he has only just had what *should* have been his preschool booster, hes 6 in June) I tried to find separate jabs for the MMR but they werent available. Im comfortable with my decision to go ahead with the delayed programme.

Don't worry hon,you're less likely to get a fight over here! I saw your other thread and ended up asking a vaccination question here instead!

We are getting the vaccinations done. Generally speaking I think they've been around long enough for me to be as satisfied as I can be that they're safe and for me, I wouldn't figure myself if she didn't have them, caught one of the diseases and suffered permanently as a result. Having said that if she had a negative consequence from jabs I probably wouldn't forgive myself for that either - got to love being a parent! :dohh:

I didn't get the swine flu one for her and won't be, it just wasn't around long enough for my liking. I will do the MMR. I would have much preferred single injections but that doesn't seem to be possible any more so I'll go for the combined. But after reading some info from one of the girls here, I'll be delaying that one until 15 months or so.

Here's my thread, it's a bit more specific but some of the info given is really good :D
https://www.babyandbump.com/natural-parenting/315395-single-mmr-vaccine.html

Good luck with your decision :hugs:

Oh and to add they dont/wont get swine flu or any of the other "new" ones like chicken pox.

Do we have chicken pox ones over here now? Definitely wouldn't give her that one.

No swine flu one for our house either, although i'm debated chicken pox. That vaccine has been around for more than 15 years.

Is it one you have to ask for? It's not one anyone has told me about at the doctor's. With chicken pox, it'd be moreso for me that I see it as a normal childhood illness that isn't particularly serious. Pretty much everyone I know had it as a kid.

Both of mine are/will be fully vaccinated. I do however run a delayed programme and my son didnt get his first MMR til much later than most (he has only just had what *should* have been his preschool booster, hes 6 in June) I tried to find separate jabs for the MMR but they werent available. Im comfortable with my decision to go ahead with the delayed programme.

It was exactly the same here.:thumbup:

We are getting Leyla all the normal immunisations. Don't think we'd get her the swine flu one, or chicken pox (if it's offered, I don't think it is) as the swine flu one is very new and chicken pox is a pretty normal childhood illness.

I read a lot of research and came away feeling that it's safer to immunise than not, for the community as a whole. It's tempting to say that seeing as most other people are immunised, I won't get Leyla's done as she'll be protected by the herd immunity and then won't have any of the slight risks associated with the jabs. But I am quite strong in my belief that we should do what's best for everyone, even where our own children are concerned, so if I want Leyla to benefit from other people being immunised, that means she has to be immunised too. It's a very personal decision though and I think everybody has slightly different reasons for doing/not doing it.

We are not vaccinating. I am happy to share my research/info/reasons by PM if you are interested but I won't post on here because past experience tells me that this is an emotive issue for some people and I'm not up for a fight! lol :)

Mairi's getting everything going. Whilst I respect other parents' right to choose whether or not to vaccinate, I've seen first hand what these ilnesses can do to children and as a result how it can impact on the wider family.

Imogen has had all her vaccines and will continue to do so throughout her childhood. It was what was right for us after looking into research. :)

I'm with anothersquish on this, my son only had his MMR last week and he is coming up to 18months. I have said no to the swine flu one and wouldn't even consider chicken pox as already said it is a normal childhood disease which I might add has benefits later on in life as it prevents against shingles (a form of the virus found mainly in the elderly)

My OH has had shingles a few times and he had chicken pox as a child - quite badly too ending up in hospital. Should he be immune? :)

not immune but it is meant to help prevent it, I think the more times you have had chicken pox the more of tolerance you build up against the virus

My son was vaccinated routinely because i just went along with it and assumed that it was 100% safe without actually doing any research. When he had his MMR i umm-ed and ahh-ed about it for a long time as i had started finding out more about the non-vax argument but he eventually had it, mainly because i felt quite pressured to do so. I regret it massively and i am so grateful that (so far) he has not had any ill effects from any of his vaccinations.

This time around, we will selectively vaccinate and follow a delayed schedule. s/he will certainly not be having the MMR as i dont see that it is necessary in this day and age, and the others... well i havent done enough research yet to have been able to decide which ones s/he will have and when.

There is no way in hell that any of my children would have a swine flu or a chicken pox vaccination. I actually got quite angry when i got the letter from the doctors inviting me and my son for our swine flu vaccination.

Hello :flower:

We have looked into both sides and decided to vaccinate. They must be there for a reason right :shrug:

I will be vaccinating too. Despite the fact that many vaccines are made by dodgy,unethical, money grabbing companies (in my opinion!) and there are some valid health concerns I do think that the benefits do outweigh the risks. The return of horrid diseases such as polio does not bear thinking about! turned down swine flu though like many of you because I felt it wasn't properly tested and the disease wasn't serious enough to warrant the risk.

it's so hard to decide whats best isn't it :( we have decided we will vaccinate however will pay for the MMR as single jabs.

The reason we decided to vaccinate was we thought about how we would feel if our baby got very ill from something we could have prevented.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->