Vaccine Advice & Experience

MrsB_2015

Reaction score
I really hope I don't end up regretting this thread. Please, no debates.

Ladies, how many of you have children who have received the MMR vaccine? What was your child's reaction? My daughter is getting hers tomorrow. I am currently the only one in my family (with young children) who vaccinates, and don't have anyone to talk to for advice and/or tips. Thank you!

My son got his MMR at its recommended time. He might have been a little more tired but that's all. He has always done well with vaccinations with no noticible reactions.

My DD developed a mild fever about 5 days after getting her MMR vaccine, was tired/feverish for two days then back to normal.

My DD had virtually no trouble with any of her vaccinations, including MMR, aside from a very mild fever and being a bit more quiet than usual for a few hours after a couple of them (I can't remember which vaccines specifically sorry).

Just keep an eye on her for a few days afterwards, give her paracetamol if she needs it and if anything does worry you at all then take her back to your doctor, but most kids get over it within a few days.

No real issues with my first, although she did seem to develop eczema and gastric symptoms afterwards, which we have only just recently managed to bring under control with probiotics. So yeah, nothing too untoward, but for various reasons, we are not continuing with the vaccine program and our youngest has not been vaccinated at all.

One of mine developed a measles type rash and temp about a week afterwards, my others were ok x

Neither of mine had any side-effects at all. :)

Dd1 developed a measles type rash a week after and was quite poorly for about 10 days. Just rash, cough, conjunctivitis and temp (basically very mild measles) she stayed home with me for cuddles and calpol. Right as rain after.

Dd2 barely even noticed she had them. Literally sat and watch the nurse jab her, no crying and not poorly at all after.

Okay. So it seems like a low fever and rash are somewhat common. We will keep an eye out for those and feel more prepared. Thanks ladies!

Mine had no reaction at all. Perfectly fine and normal after.

I don't remember any of mine having a noticeable reaction

Slight fever but that could have been from the Men B jab he got the same time as he also had a fever after the first dose of the MenB.

Mine got a tiny bit of a rash on the thigh where he received the shot but that was it. No other noticeable side effects.

Hi. Dd will sometimes have a fever or a bump. The vaccines in the us happen 3-4 at a time so its hard to know for sure what caused what. Fever would last the day along with more fussiness and clingyness. We have started giving her Tylenol about a half an hour before her appointment. I would ask the office what the right dose is but when we do that she has less of a reaction.

absolutely no side effects for mine with either MMR or the booster

Mine has had no reaction at all to any of her shots. I did spread them out so she didn't get more than 2 at a time. (I'm in the US where kids get a lot more vaccines than in other parts of the world) Don't get me wrong; I'm totally pro vaccine, just not 4 or 5 at one time.

Mine have all had all of their vaccinations and never had any side effects x

Thank you ladies! I felt much calmer and more prepared going in yesterday. DD woke up this morning with a low fever and throwing up. I gave her another dose of Tylenol and she's napping. Hopefully she'll feel better soon.

Mine had no side effects either.

I hope your LO feels better soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"