vaginal discharge since child birth.

2009Mommy

Reaction score
Since Child birth I have had a lot of vaginal discharge and its been 22 months already. the discharge is clear or cloudy and very much like mucus it doesnt smell but my undies do smell like Doritos chips or buttered popcorn (the best I can describe, its not fishy nor like bread) and my undies are always wet all day long and they are stained yellow and the black undies are stained orange like stains chlorine bleach leaves on clothes. the discharge smells acidly(?) sometimes and sometimes it feels like I peed, like a gush of discharge comes out. It feels bad and I have to constantly change.

I do have the IUD without the hormones (dont remember the name) does this happen with IUD's? or is it normal to have more discharge after Child birth?
oh and I have also gained 10 pounds since a year ago, does this has anything to do with it?
I've had problems with my insurance so I havent been to the doc since my last appt after my son was born :blush::nope: but hopefully I can go next month!

anyone gone through this?
thank you in advanced!

aww honey I hope some other ladies jump in as well because I was in the same boat.:blush:

Since I've had children my discharge has been awful too. Immediately after birth I would sometimes get these giant blobs I nicknamed "womb bogies" which would ehem expell themselves in almost a farty way :haha:

Once that stopped I also found my white underwear gets stained yellowy, my black underwear is stained reddy/orangy. I think it's an acidy sort of effect too. Generally, the discharge seems mainly clear and doesn't really smell. (Although yes, my underwear does smell a bit too). The only soloution I've come up with is panty liners (not sure what they're called in the states - they're like very thin santitary towels).

From what doctors/midwives/nhs-direct helpline/health visitors/nurses etc have told me was that simply the body changes - get used to it. These products wouldn't exist if us ladies didn't need them.

I was really embarassed about it for ages but I've realised there's really no need to be. It's perfectly normal, regarding :sex: my OH says maybe I taste a little bit down there, but not in a bady way at all :) He's quite happy so :hugs:

I hope this helps. I konw it's not a practical solution but it happens to loads of us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->