Valentines Day meal?

Connah'sMommy

Reaction score
Im thinking of cooking something really yummy for OH on V.day but im not sure what!

Any suggestions? :flower:

If we have a romantic meal I always cook a big juicy steak (fillet or sirloin) with boiled new potatoes, veg and peppercorn sauce. My favourite! The peppercorn sauce is from a packet though :blush:

Steak and something chocolatey and luxurious for pud!

I was thinking about fillet steak but i dont want to muck it up :dohh: :haha:xx

I fry mine with a little extra virgin olive oil and a knob of butter. I kind of guess with timings, OH likes his well done so I cook his for around 20 mins on a medium heat and just turn it once half way through. I think it depends on the thickness of the steak tbh but you could always ask the butcher how long he recommends to cook for to get rare/medium/well done.

Steak, mushrooms, chips and peppercorn sauce, yum yum :)

We're having stuffed mushrooms to start then steak, chunky chips, mushroom and tomatoes with peppercorn sauce then chocolate pudding.

If I was doing a Valentine meal (I'm not) but this would be my menu

Starter: Garlic mushrooms

Main: Lamb shank on a bed of spring mash potato, with a rich red wine onion gravy

Dessert: Melt in the middle chocolate pudding with HG vanilla ice cream

I'm a vege so don't take my word for it, but it would seem that everyone cooks steak on Vday lol must be a thing lol so yeah go with that :p x

I'm doing a goats cheese and vine tomato tart, followed by steak, chips, onion rings, mushroom and tomato. Not decided on dessert yet but something light.

We've been indulgent and lazy this year :haha: Largely because we are always on the go! We are going out tomorrow for lunch, grandma babysitting...and then on Tuesday, we've gone for the M&S Dine In Valentines...so...:

Antipasti
Two sirloin steaks, we are choosing roasted veggies (as I will make chips and a rocket w'parmesan salad)
Two strawberry and champagne souffles or two chocolate heaven (DH is currently choosing ;))
A bottle of pink fizz, and a box of chocolates!

£20. They have lots of yummy options...might be worth a look?

we must be the only people not having steak ;) OH is a butcher so will be sick of the sight of steak by Valentines day with all you lot buying it :p

We're making veggie sushi together. Its yummy and we can laugh at each others crap sushi=making skills.

I was just thinking I might go see if they have the 2 can dine for £10 at our local m and s lol about as romantic as I get :haha:

Im making OH a roast chicken and all the trimmings - he loves his roast and hasnt had one for ages! Then its a nice cheesecake or caramel type dessert! :cloud9:

i might m&s it too although we dont really 'do' valentines day. I did catch him looking at cards yday though haha

No steak here either as I hate it.

I hate steak too. However if he wants a steak, I'll cook him one.

I'll probably do a baked chicken with gravy, unsure of the sides, and getting a lovely little cake from the local bakery as I can't bake to save my life.

Or I may just skip all of that and go out for sushi.

is it a surprise?
Cos i usually ask him what he fancies and try and make it a little bit nicer :lol:

Last time i asked though, he said jacket spuds...that was a toughy...so i just got a nice pudding :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->