• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Varicose veins in vagina & thigh. TMI!! Need advice!!

miami8312

Mom of 2 and bump
Reaction score
So im 30 weeks and have varicose veins on my right leg on my calf and ankles. Now ive got a swollen vulva on the right side and im in a lot pain. It feels heavy down there and hurts to walk and sit for too long. I went to doctors and she had a look and said ive got varicose veins on the 1 side of my vulva and down my inner thigh. I didnt even know you could get them there. It hurts to sit walk turn over in bed and dont get me started on sex. I dont know what to do?? She didnt give me much advice just said they should go after birth. But she did say theres a concern they could burst during the pushing part of labour and i may need a c section. This has scared the hell out of me. Iv got to see my midwife in 2 weeks and my consultant in 3 weeks so she told me to tell them. Has anyone experienced this and have you got any advice.? Is vaginal birth possible? Im so depressed. Im suffering spd in my pelvis, my legs are killing due to the veins now this. Ive had enough got 10 weeks left. I cant sleep at night, i think my hubby and kids have had enough of my moaning. Ive always been a tough person and independant, carried on and got on with it but this is really affecting me now.

I'm sorry you're dealing with this. I had them toward the end of my last pregnancy. Couldn't do much about it, so it was horrible. Epsom salt baths helped a little, but other than that, I didn't find anything else really eased the pain that much. Fortunately, I did have a very easy, uncomplicated vaginal delivery. They went away after I gave birth and I never had another problem. I'm 31 weeks now with #3, and I don't have any yet, but I was told to expect to get them again since I did before.

Thanks so much for your reply. My doc said theres nothing i can do its just putting up with them till after baby comes. I hope i have a smooth delivery too my last birth 7 years ago was only 2 hours from start to finish so i hope this one is quick too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->