VBA2C hopefuls! Come and join me xx

Kay0102

Reaction score
Hi,

I know a couple of ladies who are hoping for VBA2C so thought I would create a thread where we can all support eachother and share stories.
Here is my background info

Baby no.1 - 3 failed sweeps I went into labour at 40+9, this however turned into a 3 day very slow labour. Regular contractions, would be on the phone to the hospital every evening and they would just say I wasn't ready to come in yet. Fast forward to 40+12 when I had already been booked in for induction at 8.30am, so went into hospital (in labour still) and when examined I was 5cm and was sent to labour and delivery and had waters broken. I still wasn't dilating as fast as they would have liked to put me on pitocin, at this point I asked for an epidural which was done but hadnt worked. I started panicking (7cm transition) except I got stuck here so was a raving mess. Baby was back to back and having decels, it was decided on a csection. By the time I got to theatre and sat up for my spinal (they had me on my back in delivery room due to monitoring) I had gone to 10cm but they just wanted him out so the section went ahead without issue and he was born 8lb 9oz and 56cm long at 10.30pm that evening.

Fast forward 3 years - Baby no.2 - Given the go ahead for a VBAC, I was hopeful. I had managed to labour pretty much all the way with my son and knew what I had to do differently this time (not to be led on back being monitored, and I was told they would not give me pitocin due to VBAC) so I was all set and excited for a natural birth. I was allowed to go full 12 days over and could have gel/pessary if needed. At 40+4 I went to see midwife who said baby was still very high, attempted sweep and said if my waters go I need to go straight to hospital due to risks with cord. Said OK but didnt think much of it, even 4 days of labouring with DS1 and they still had to break my waters. Come 40+9 I woke up as normal and went for a wee, I noticed I felt empty but could still hear something. Turns out my waters had gone! Completely shocked and unexpected. I calmly told hubby who arranged for the inlaws to come and get DS1, I grabbed a quick shower and packed last minute things. By this point I had put on a pad as waters were just pouring out constantly and also noticed I had started having small pains. I then went to change my pad and noticed the waters were discoloured so we sped things up a little and headed to hospital. By this time I was having lovely contractions everything was going smoothly but once I got there and was examined I was told his cord was coming first. A consultant came to see me and attempted to move the cord from under his head but couldnt. Luckily at this point he hadnt dropped down or would have cut his oxygen supply. It was then decided I had to go to theatre for c-section number 2. This time I'd had a full nights sleep, contractions were easily managable, everything was so calm and the operation went fine. Out popped another little boy 9lb 1oz and 60cm! at 12.30pm.

Fast forward another 2 yrs I am now expecting no.3! - Saw consultant at 16 weeks ready to put up my fight for VBA2C and I didnt need to at all. She was so supportive and agreed it straight away! My section reasons were so different I was a good candidate. I had also lost 5 stone and in the healthy BMI range now so everything looks hopeful. She said there are no proven statistics that a VBA2C is any more dangerous than a VBAC and that the percentage of any complications with a VBA2C are the same as a first time mum! The conditions were that I could not be induced in any way shape or form. They will allow me the full 12 days over and then it will be a csection unless I am already in labour. Seems absolutely fair to me and am happy with that.
I feel happy I am being given the opportunity, I also feel that whichever way she comes is good with me but at least I have tried. Personally, I don't have much hope. I feel my pelvis is too small for babies heads, hence they never even get to brim and stay so high. I have never had a baby engage and think with no.1 the reason they still went ahead with csection because he wasnt even in the birth canal and I was 10cm! but as I said, I am keeping an open mind. What will be will be and as long as she gets here safe I don't care how, but avoiding major surgery and a quicker recovery time is obviously what I would prefer.

SOOOOOO, if you have made it this far :haha: there is my journey. Please share yours. Feel free to ask any questions etc and hopefully it won't be too long before I am updating with the outcome! :cloud9:
xxxx

Hi Kay!

I'm also a VBA2C hopeful! My first two labours progressed very similarly...so I'm a little apprehensive about the third and hoping desperately for a miracle.

#1- (long story short) - my waters went naturally at 39+6 but nothing happened, so I was induced with pitocin at 40+1. Contractions were slow to start and they determined I only had a 'hind tear' in the waters so they ruptured the sac and then contractions came pretty regularly between 1 - 2 minutes (lasting 30 seconds) and this carried on for 14 hours... I only progressed to 4cm and asked for an epidural, which I received, although almost immediately my own blood pressure started dropping and baby went into distress and they checked his blood/oxygen saturation (which was low) so was wheeled immediately into OR for c-section. DS was born blue with the cord wrapped around his neck and chest multiple times and I spent hours recovering afterwards with shakes and nausea and very low BP.

#2- nearly 3 years later. Waters went at 41+0 and were dark with meconium. Contractions started really lightly on their own (every 9 - 10 minutes) but at the hospital they wanted to speed things up due to the meconium levels so was again given pitocin. Contractions were slow to start and they determined I only had a 'hind tear' in the waters so they ruptured the sac and then contractions came pretty regularly between 1 - 2 minutes (lasting 30 seconds) and this carried on for 16 hours... I only progressed to 4cm. I was adamant that I didn't want an epidural due to complications last time, but they kept pushing it and assured me the complications from previous time were very rare and unlikely and they would give me something to keep my BP level. So, being disappointed with the lack of progress, I reluctantly agreed... and within 15 - 20 minutes DD's heart rate started dropping. My BP stayed fine this time, but DD had turned and gotten her forehead stuck in my cervix and her heart rate dropped with every contraction. So off for another EMCS...

My OBGYN was a little reluctant about a VBA2C but after a very open discussion about the risks, we've agreed it's my choice and have agreed on a 'compromise' of allowing things to go naturally until 41 weeks, and then if nothing has happened planning in a c-section.

This time I have absolutely insisted I do not want to be induced or given pitocin and have made it clear I don't want them to offer me an epidural. I'm looking into 'homeopathic' ways of bringing on labour and keeping everything crossed that I can have a natural, unmedicated (and uncomplicated!) VBAC!

I can't wait to hear your update! Won't be long now! :) I am so excited for you!

I am also attempting a VBA2C. My 1st c section was 14 years ago, due to fetal distress, my last section was 10 years ago (planned). I just found out, my medical records are non existent :( So I will follow up with my OBGYN and make sure she is still okay with me going natural. We were waiting on my medical/operative notes from my previous c sections to see wj=which way my uterus was cut. I am so hopeful that I can deliver this time.

Hi,

I know a couple of ladies who are hoping for VBA2C so thought I would create a thread where we can all support eachother and share stories.
Here is my background info

Baby no.1 - 3 failed sweeps I went into labour at 40+9, this however turned into a 3 day very slow labour. Regular contractions, would be on the phone to the hospital every evening and they would just say I wasn't ready to come in yet. Fast forward to 40+12 when I had already been booked in for induction at 8.30am, so went into hospital (in labour still) and when examined I was 5cm and was sent to labour and delivery and had waters broken. I still wasn't dilating as fast as they would have liked to put me on pitocin, at this point I asked for an epidural which was done but hadnt worked. I started panicking (7cm transition) except I got stuck here so was a raving mess. Baby was back to back and having decels, it was decided on a csection. By the time I got to theatre and sat up for my spinal (they had me on my back in delivery room due to monitoring) I had gone to 10cm but they just wanted him out so the section went ahead without issue and he was born 8lb 9oz and 56cm long at 10.30pm that evening.

Fast forward 3 years - Baby no.2 - Given the go ahead for a VBAC, I was hopeful. I had managed to labour pretty much all the way with my son and knew what I had to do differently this time (not to be led on back being monitored, and I was told they would not give me pitocin due to VBAC) so I was all set and excited for a natural birth. I was allowed to go full 12 days over and could have gel/pessary if needed. At 40+4 I went to see midwife who said baby was still very high, attempted sweep and said if my waters go I need to go straight to hospital due to risks with cord. Said OK but didnt think much of it, even 4 days of labouring with DS1 and they still had to break my waters. Come 40+9 I woke up as normal and went for a wee, I noticed I felt empty but could still hear something. Turns out my waters had gone! Completely shocked and unexpected. I calmly told hubby who arranged for the inlaws to come and get DS1, I grabbed a quick shower and packed last minute things. By this point I had put on a pad as waters were just pouring out constantly and also noticed I had started having small pains. I then went to change my pad and noticed the waters were discoloured so we sped things up a little and headed to hospital. By this time I was having lovely contractions everything was going smoothly but once I got there and was examined I was told his cord was coming first. A consultant came to see me and attempted to move the cord from under his head but couldnt. Luckily at this point he hadnt dropped down or would have cut his oxygen supply. It was then decided I had to go to theatre for c-section number 2. This time I'd had a full nights sleep, contractions were easily managable, everything was so calm and the operation went fine. Out popped another little boy 9lb 1oz and 60cm! at 12.30pm.

Fast forward another 2 yrs I am now expecting no.3! - Saw consultant at 16 weeks ready to put up my fight for VBA2C and I didnt need to at all. She was so supportive and agreed it straight away! My section reasons were so different I was a good candidate. I had also lost 5 stone and in the healthy BMI range now so everything looks hopeful. She said there are no proven statistics that a VBA2C is any more dangerous than a VBAC and that the percentage of any complications with a VBA2C are the same as a first time mum! The conditions were that I could not be induced in any way shape or form. They will allow me the full 12 days over and then it will be a csection unless I am already in labour. Seems absolutely fair to me and am happy with that.
I feel happy I am being given the opportunity, I also feel that whichever way she comes is good with me but at least I have tried. Personally, I don't have much hope. I feel my pelvis is too small for babies heads, hence they never even get to brim and stay so high. I have never had a baby engage and think with no.1 the reason they still went ahead with csection because he wasnt even in the birth canal and I was 10cm! but as I said, I am keeping an open mind. What will be will be and as long as she gets here safe I don't care how, but avoiding major surgery and a quicker recovery time is obviously what I would prefer.

SOOOOOO, if you have made it this far :haha: there is my journey. Please share yours. Feel free to ask any questions etc and hopefully it won't be too long before I am updating with the outcome! :cloud9:
xxxx

How are you feeling? Getting CLOSE! :)

Hi ladies!! Getting so close. Feeling fine. Saw consultant today she gave me a sweep I am 1.5cm and -3 station. About 6hrs later I've been losing bits of plug but nothing new there.
Went over everything and she is happy and things are looking good. She asked me to go back to her next week rather than midwife she will do another sweep and book section for 40+12 (29th April)
Currently on my birthing ball and planning on buying some clary sage oil at the weekend. I was going to get evening primrose oil but since cervix is short and dilating I'm not going to bother. Tomorrow is my last day at work yippee.

Itsychik can't believe how similar some things happened in both your labours. At least you know what to do and not do this time! These docs are always to quick to get things going when things aren't progressing as quickly as they want it to. Pitocin in my opinion is like poison and almost always has horror stories and its exactly where everything went wrong in my first labour. I'm glad they won't have the option this time.

Havefaith I hope they manage to locate your records that is terrible. Is there a way of finding out without them about cut? Xx

Yay for the sweep! Hoping that sends you on your way very soon :) I have heard the sweep is a little painful?? I have read alot of good reviews on using clary sage. I bet you are so ready to meet your little girl. I will be praying for a easy birth for you :)

Yay for the sweep! Hoping that sends you on your way very soon :) I have heard the sweep is a little painful?? I have read alot of good reviews on using clary sage. I bet you are so ready to meet your little girl. I will be praying for a easy birth for you :)

Doesn't appear to have done much but after having 3 with DS1 and 2 with DS2 I should know they don't work for me haha. Some people find them uncomfortable but I don't find it painful at all, infact myself and the consultant were having a really awkward conversation whilst she was doing it! Yeah I hadn't known about clary sage until recently. It can't hurt to try that now and then if I am still pregnant next weekend I am going to look into getting accupuncture done as heard good things about that. I am done now and the thought of another 2 weeks kills me as we are just so excited to meet her now.
How are you feeling?

Xx

Doesn't appear to have done much but after having 3 with DS1 and 2 with DS2 I should know they don't work for me haha. Some people find them uncomfortable but I don't find it painful at all, infact myself and the consultant were having a really awkward conversation whilst she was doing it! Yeah I hadn't known about clary sage until recently. It can't hurt to try that now and then if I am still pregnant next weekend I am going to look into getting accupuncture done as heard good things about that. I am done now and the thought of another 2 weeks kills me as we are just so excited to meet her now.
How are you feeling?

Xx

Just checking in on you :) Any updates?

Hi Ladies

Im going for a VBAC too this time hopefully!

My first pregnancy ended in an EMCS for an undiagnosed breech, they didn't notice till they thought it was her head coming out but it was her bum :O

Got rushed into surgery, getting a spinal block while having full blown contractions was horrific, and the whole thing was pretty traumatic and terrifying!

The consultant has said because I laboured well the last time and dilated then im a good candidate for a VBAC but at the last 2 scans ive had, baby has been breech! Really hoping she moves in time so I don't need another section. Im getting loads of extra scans this time to keep an eye on things so fingers crossed :D

How are you feeling?

Xx

Just checking in on you :) Any updates?

Hi hunny. Still no baby hehe. Seeing the consultant in the morning so I shall update as soon as I've been! Xxx

Hi Ladies

Im going for a VBAC too this time hopefully!

My first pregnancy ended in an EMCS for an undiagnosed breech, they didn't notice till they thought it was her head coming out but it was her bum :O

Got rushed into surgery, getting a spinal block while having full blown contractions was horrific, and the whole thing was pretty traumatic and terrifying!

The consultant has said because I laboured well the last time and dilated then im a good candidate for a VBAC but at the last 2 scans ive had, baby has been breech! Really hoping she moves in time so I don't need another section. Im getting loads of extra scans this time to keep an eye on things so fingers crossed :D

You sound like a great candidate for vbac just those monkeys of yours that don't fancy hanging around upside down for weeks on end haha. Sounds like you labour well so hopefully this one will turn and give you the chance. Look at spinning babies website to help and obviously there could always be the option of manual turning xx

Good luck to all you mommies attempting VBAC's! I wasn't lucky, but hopefully you all can be! :hugs:

Stalking, I'm a vbac hopeful!!! Due in the next few weeks!!!

Sorry to hear you didn't get yours Amy.

Welcome pink!!

UPDATE Went to see the consultant on Thursday. I was 2cm dilated but baby is still high at -3
I'm allowed no induction as previously confirmed. I did however make the request to break my waters at 40+11 and if it doesn't work I go for the section as planned the day after and they have agreed to this ON THE CONDITION this baby has dropped some more to avoid another cord prolapse. So current plan, I go on Thursday to labour ward to rupture membranes. She thinks they will admit me then due to history. I don't know what else I can do to get this baby to drop.
Since the appointment I've had 11hrs of continuous contractions the night of sweep that were 4-5min lasting 50secs but they never got stronger and disappeared when I got up! I've been losing lots of brown plug over the coming days and today it has been red. Nothing much more to report at the mo! Xx

congrats Kay I read in third tri that you had your VBA2C

Thank you blessed!! Yes I can confirm. We did it! I'm in heaven right now. Had the most amazing 8hr birth with 20min pushing. Ivy Rose born this morning weighing 8lb 6oz. My NATURAL birth after 2 sections. Wow hehe xx

Thank you blessed!! Yes I can confirm. We did it! I'm in heaven right now. Had the most amazing 8hr birth with 20min pushing. Ivy Rose born this morning weighing 8lb 6oz. My NATURAL birth after 2 sections. Wow hehe xx

Omg Congratulations! how amazing!! Well done you, glad it all went well and you got your vbac, you give us all hope! lol

That is so awesome! I bet you are on cloud nine! Congrats! :) I just found out I have to section, no VBA2C for me :( My previous dr notes came in and noted too much scare tissue.

HUGE SUPER congrats Kay!!!! You are super woman!!!! :) I hope I get to post a similar victorious update!!! I'm on cloud 9 for you!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->