VBAC 2nd Baby- your experiences please

Leanne2787

Reaction score
Hi i'm new here and in need of some actual real life experiences. I have read a bit of the sticky at the top but i'm wanting real womens' experiences.

I had a hind water leak at my 40wk appt last time with my little boy (1st baby) and they induced me at 40+5 with 10 hours on the drip to find i was only 2-3cm dilated. They did manage to break my waters though but another 5 hours passed and nothing so emcs commenced. I had him at exactly 41wks.

I am now pregnant with no2 (12 months after joey was born) and have been offered the choice to have VBAC whichh I despertely want as I can't manage the recovery time afterwards with Joey being only 18 months when new baby comes. I can get husband and mum to help but i'm an independant martar who likes doing things myself!

Has anyone got there experience to share whether resulted in another section or successful vbac all will be appreciated! I'm only 13weeks but want to get ll the info possible. I already have mountains of statistics lol.

Thanks in advance x

Hi there :)
I had an emcs first time round, and 18 months later had a home water birth. Followed by a further home water birth, and will be having another next year. I'm about 9 weeks now.

My first VBAC was a bit of a task, but I think that was more a psychological block rather than a physical one, but I had really patient midwives. Second VBAC was a lot 'easier' and midwife got here just as baby arrived.

Hi there :)
I had an emcs first time round, and 18 months later had a home water birth. Followed by a further home water birth, and will be having another next year. I'm about 9 weeks now.

My first VBAC was a bit of a task, but I think that was more a psychological block rather than a physical one, but I had really patient midwives. Second VBAC was a lot 'easier' and midwife got here just as baby arrived.

thanks for your reply that is very reassuring! i really really want my vbac but dont want to put too much pressure on myself or i will be really disappointed if it doesnt happen! thanks again and happy pregnancy xx

Sorry, I don't have personal experience but wanted to share my friend's story. Her first baby was a vaginal birth, second by c-section, third was VBAC and she's going for a second VBAC with her fourth. She was DETERMINED to have a successful VBAC and refused to use drugs. She felt that the epidural was to blame for forceps with her first birth and the section with her second. She labored at home for as long as possible to avoid intervention. She had a successful VBAC and I'd put serious money on her doing it again in April. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->