• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Vbac- Induction- reassurance need please.

darkriver

Reaction score
Just a little rant really.

So basically when I fell pregnant this time I decided I wanted a vbac. I am a single mum and have minimal support. I was under the impression that I was going to be induced like I was with my DD. Yet the consultant says that inducing brings significant risk and seems to be bring up uterine rupture at every bloody appointment.

She seems to be pushing me into being left but I have a heart condition. They are saying that its doing well at the moment and I can be left. I live 25 miles from the hospital which is about 1 hours drive depending on traffic and that is with an ambulance.

I feel like my concerns are not being listened to. Two weeks ago things were looking serious and they were considering a hospital admission!! Which has stressed me out no end. I wont see them again until 32+5

I have sensibly decided not to google uterine rupture as I dont want to be stressed even futher.
Has anyone had any experience of this and can possible reassure me as I dont feel it.

I have no experience of uterus eruption but I too am considering a vbac and come across the risk of being induced raising the risk of this, I don't know my hospitals views on me being induced but I myself am going to refuse if offered.
May I ask are you in the UK?
That must be very concerning with your hospital so far away, mine is just 11 miles away and Im not keen on that.
Have they suggested booking in a c-section in case your do go over?

Yeah I am in the UK. All the hospitals are a signifcant difference. They plan to try and break my waters at 38 weeks and again at 39. No mention of going over.

Why did you have first c/s? With me I think they were going to open cervix with a balloon type thing? as it is the pitocin type drugs which increase the risk of rupture. How serious is your heart condition?

Why did you have first c/s? With me I think they were going to open cervix with a balloon type thing? as it is the pitocin type drugs which increase the risk of rupture. How serious is your heart condition?

It was an emergancy after a failed induction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->