Veg & fruit diet, BF 8 month old

wish4baby

Reaction score
I am seriously contemplating starting a fruit & vegetable only diet - juicing and eating 80% veggies & 20% fruit and around a gallon of water a day (for weightloss)

My LO is 8 months old, has been ebf since birth with no issues, and she's now eating 2-3 small solid food meals a day. She nurses quite a bit still. She's only ever had a few sips of water but I think I'll also introduce to her some of the juice I make (no added sugar or anything obviously)

What do you think? Is there any reason I shouldn't do this?

Personally, I would never do that while breastfeeding. You shouldn't be restricting calories too much while BFing and your body needs protein and other nutrients to produce milk.

This link has some general info about dieting while BFing. You can decide if you're comfortable with such a restrictive diet or not.

https://kellymom.com/nutrition/mothers-diet/mom-weightloss/

I wouldn't restrict diet to only vegetable and fruit at any time, bf or not. They do not contain all the essential nutrients for your body.

If you want to lose weight, consider long term dietary changes that include smaller potions of meat/other protein source, fat and grains, but don't cut them out completely. Short-term yo-yo diets are very bad for your health long term.

I would not cut out those proteins. Perhaps consider a whole food only diet instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->