Vegetarian babies

Fossey

Mummy to Larissa
Reaction score
Are there many vegi babies on here? I'd love to hear the kinds of foods you give your LOs in replacement of meat. I was brought up a vegi so can get tips from my mum, but there are lots more things out there now, so would be interesting to hear what you guys do.

Hi Fossey
Ive got a vegetarian baby!She eats lots of cheese,pulses,etc and also a little bit of Quorn (although Quorn do say not to give children under I think 3 too much of it).Basically she just eats the same as us!At first you dont need to worry too much when you start weaning about protein(which I know is the main worry) until your little one is pretty much fully weaned but lentils are great for protein for little ones.Most babies love them and Annabel Karmel does a realy good recipe which I believe is on her website called Lovely Lentils.
You just obviously need to make sure Larissa is getting all the vitamins and minerals she needs and always speak up if you need any help with it,although if you've been brought up veggie I'm sure you'll do just fine :)
Let me know if there is anything I can help you with at any point :hugs: xxx

Veggie baby here too!

She has the Plum ready made stuff when I'm being slack and the rest of the time she has what we are eating at the moment. She only has 2 weaned meals at the moment and I'm not introducing another till closer to her starting nursery in september. She has BM and finger foods of fruit and veg and toast or crumpets - just what evers going on here anyway. She has a bottle of EBM before bed but as I'm not as good with the expressing now and getting less, she has Follow On Aptimil alternate evenings which is fortified with iron. :)

My LO is being raised as vegan and I've put days and days into the research to make sure he gets everything he needs. So far for protein (apart from breastmilk) he gets lentils and tofu (just started with that) and I use a bit of full-fat soymilk for cooking sometimes. I'll start adding beans soon, will probably start with adzuki. I don't think there'll be any probs with getting enough protein. Other than that just a varied diet of veg, fruit, grains, seeds etc., with good oils added.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->