Vent about mom-again

honeybunch2k7

Reaction score
I ordered another baby book. She found. Then she goes on to say that I should wait 5 years. I didn't ask for her opinion. She compares me to the 14 year old girls on Maury who want babies. I'm 21-I'm not 14. She says it's just "ridiculous" that I want a baby. I wish maybe she could miscarry a baby after she feels it kicking her and moving within her, then she can tell me how she feels then!

I'm tired of her giving her opinion when it's not desired. I mean just stfu already!
She thinks having a baby will ruin my life. She thinks Taylor was going to ruin my life. Not having a baby has ruin my life.

Rant off.

Ah sorry to hear about that. Sometimes moms think they know best, but it's frustrating I know!

:hug:
Pay her no mind. 21 is a great age for childen (I just had one at 20 :))

hahaha yeah my mother in law 'gave us permission' to have children now (like that's what we're waiting for) and we said we were WTT, she said don't wait until you are too old as it's alot harder... I'm only 21, I have a while until I'll be TOO old, sheesh, and by the way I don't think 21 is too young, you're an adult, you can make your own decisions!! Baby dust being sent your way

my mom freaked when she found out i wanted a baby and thought i was pg...the when i told her a week later that i wasnt she was all dissapointed cause she deceided she wanted to be a granny.....so when i told her another week later that i was actually pg she was like you are too young....but its ok i am ready to be a granny......i get that she was excited....but 21 isnt too young....and it is my decision....lol and my dh....she is cute about it though...still tells me im too young all the time....

Rarrrrrrr! Mothers! I'm in the same situation with mine... nightmare!

I think it's only natural to be frightened about your child growing up, but trying to dictate their lives is such a bad idea!! It makes me so angry and hurt when my mother tries to tell me how I feel, errr hello, I think I know what I feel!

:hugs: Hope you let's up on you soon hun, stay strong x

I really don't think that 21 is too ealry to ttc, especially if you are in a steady relationship (although if its my girls I might be saying something different).

I sometimes wish we had had our little bundles earlier but it just wasn't practical.

My mum is a PITA too. But I really am not gonna hijack you thread. Thankfully I have an absolutley fantastic MIL.

I am sorry about your loss.
Hope you get your :bfp: soon

I don't think 21 is too young either. You've had 3 years of your life as an adult, partied enough. And by 21 you have set up a career for yourself. My mum is exactly the same, I'm almost 18 and she says I'm to young to be getting pregnant (which is rather true, don't get me wrong). But she says the same thing every year, I'm sure she will be the same when I'm 25, in a stable relationship with my own house. But she wouldn#t be upset if I did have a baby young. Coz like she says it effects no one except me. It's my body, my business. And if I want a baby then that's up to me.
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"