VENT: Insensitiveness at the EPU

Which hospital are you at, if you don't mind me asking?

I had a very similar experience when I started bleeding at 10 weeks. They told me in no uncertain terms I was having a miscarriage or an ectopic pregnancy, and they made me wait 2 days for a scan. They were very insensitive when I was crying because I was scared, the doctor was prodding my belly, I was in agony and crying because it hurt and he told me to shut up and the internal examination was very rough and I was never talked through what was happening.

This was at St James's in Leeds.

I wrote a complaint anyway, and haven't heard anything back.

Unfortunately, I think these days they have to tell you the worst possible case because of the dial-a-lawsuit thing that everyones getting into these days. They need to cover their backs. I know its not right, but thats probably why.

But yes, complain. I would.

xxx

Well, as most of you may be aware - I lost the baby this weekend and Alison I totally agree with you that the baby is still a baby whether it be in the shape of a bunch of cells or a head, 2 arm and 2 legs. It was still our baby!

This hospital was St. Johns in Chelmsford, Essex.

Just like every pregnancy every woman is different in how she will react to the worst case. We should be treated as individuals. Not a group of collective women going through the same thing.

I don't mind the nurses telling you all the possibilities but to just give you the negative without conclusive evidence - GAH makes me want to tear their head off - I'll be placing in a letter of complaint once my husband feels better. He's not handling all this too well.

I read about it another thread, so sorry hun. I hope you're both doing ok.

And you're definately right about it being a person... whether its 2mm or 2 meters! Its still a baby at the end of the day.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->