Very basic question about OPKs

JessicaMarie

Pregnant!
Reaction score
I bought a bunch of opks on amazon, and they didnt come with any instructions. I have never used them before. I have been searching for the answer to my question on google, but I figured I would just ask here, as that seemed more simple.

Anyway, I miscarried one week ago, and I felt crampy today the way I do when I ovulate, so I figured I'd have a go at an OPK strip. Am I correct in believing that there is always going to be a second line, but it is only positive if it is the SAME color (or darker) than the control? I'd say my line is a couple shades lighter than the control, so I am not sure what that means, maybe that I am approaching my LH surge? Thanks in advance!

Yes that is correct, the line must be exactly the same colour as the control line or darker.

Good luck :)

so is there always a second line then? and unless it is as dark or darker, does it mean anything??

Yep, always a second line, if it's very close in colour then I'd say you are very close to ovulation! Keep testing.

I've had OPK's that have only a control line so I think it's possible to not have a second line if there is little to no LH in your system at the time of testing. But yes, the second line needs to be the same shade or darker than the control line.

Good luck and lots of :dust:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->