Very gassy (EBF) baby - 1.5 mo old

wish4baby

Reaction score
My baby, born Sept 30 (a month early), is now EBF after a few oz of formula in the hospital.
He has always been gassy, but now it seems out of control. I wouldn't say he's too uncomfortable, but it does wake him & I think he nurses more due to tummy pain (and he is constantly passing gas/ burping). I do the leg lifts, rub his tummy and sometimes even the medicine - he will toot like crazy - once I lifted his legs to change his diaper & he passed gas for about 15 sec straight LOL! Poor dear, he must of felt as inflated as a balloon!!!

I think I know the problem, but I don't know how to fix it. Whenever he breastfeeds (which is all the time!) he gulps really loud. He snorts, grunts and gulps so loud, people on the other side of the room can hear it and ask what is going on! Even people on the phone can hear him eating! He seems to have a great latch (no pain, lots of weight gain, diapers, etc) but he began nursing with a shield at birth, then we ditched it at his actual due date. He's adjusted and is eating well without it, but I wonder if now he's sucking too much air. It seems that's about when the gas problems really increased.

Any tips???

No tips, but Emma is much the same. She now farts a lot more than she burps, but still burps more than my other ever did. She's a noisy eater too.

It has improved as she's gotten older, but her farts now have the added bonus of smelling like a dead hedgehog since she only poos once every 5 days (normal for a breastfed baby). Weirdly her poo smells nice, but man does she fart a lot and it smells awful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->