Very high BMI #2

Tor

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I've got a BMI of probably not far off 40 i would imagine :blush:

I know its bad and it would be better to lose weight before i have number 2 but its just not shifting quickly and im not sticking with anything because i just lose patience being as big as i am i expect it to come off quickly but it comes off slower now than when i was thin!

How bad would it be if i started TTC next month at this weight having already had one section with DS? Has anyone got any experience?

I really want to have another LO soon so that i can get back to work sooner rather than later and this would be easier with a small age gap but i dont want to do anything that would be really dangerous either :nope:

No-one??? My BMI is 38.5 to be exact just worked it out, eurgh!

i also have a high bmi and am due to have a section end of May. You will be high risk as i am, im currently injecting myself with clexane to reduce the risks of any clotting.

I had a high BMI (40, sigh), but lost weight over 2010 to get it down to 29/30 (not perfect, but it took soooooooooo long). My advice for you would be to try and lose a few pounds whilst trying to conceive -- I made a 'game' of it (e.g. would try to lose a pound a week, so that if I got my AF, at least I could console myself that I had another month to lose a little more -- growl -- took me two years post-mc!), but at the same time, could you increase your exercise? Perhaps walking a bit more every day or using an exercise bike? I think BMI is an issue but if you maintain a healthy exercise regime (and I mean walking, not hours at the gym), look at healthy eating, etc., your weight might not be an issue per se? There are plenty of 'thin' women who are unhealthy, so perhaps try to make yourself as healthy as possible so you are not categorised immediately as 'high risk?' I hope you don't think I am being patronising or rude?

Post pregnancy, my BMI is about 35, but I am trying to return to gentle exercise (hard with a newborn) and trying to eat healthy, but it is hard.

best wishes

ps. I wanted a section due to a previous terrible and upsetting hospital mc experience; ultimately (see below), I had to have one -- but PE isn't automatic for high BMI. In Ireland, I was only tested for some possible problems due to my age (43) not my weight (and my ob/gyn refused to weigh me throughout my pregnancy as she felt it would upset me too much and was happy with my weight gain!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->