Very large baby measurements!

Sweetk1

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm not a regular poster but I am a regular reader!
Just wondered if anybody had scans at 34 weeks, I had mine today and they have said it's a big baby, I just wanted to compare measurements.

Mine are
BPD-97.2
HC- 338
AC-329
FL-67

Estimated weight 6lb 11oz!!!!!!!
That's on track for 10lbs.

Wondered if anyone else had these kinds of measurements?

Wow, healthy baby coming your way!! :) Maybe they are off on the dates a bit or your LO will come a week or two early! I always assumed I would have a big baby because everyone in my family seems to give birth to 10 lbers! But my growth scan at 33+6 estimated my little girl to be 4 lbs 10 oz, or at the 43rd percentile. Good luck, how wonderful that you aren't worried LO is too little, right?! :)

I'm worried he's too big lol.
He's been measuring big all along but he's the size of a 37-38 week baby at 34 weeks. My son weighed 8lb 11oz in 2009 but this is bloody huge lol.
I've asked for a c section as I'm worried about giving birth to this one

I had mine today, my measurements are;
HC 317
AC 307
FL 66

Estimated weight is 5lb 9oz, 8 and a half at birth.

shouldnt worry to much the scans can be out by a few lbs

A c section is no easy solution, recovery is hard and painful and am sure if baby was to big to be delivered they wouldn't allow it, and like all ready said may come a week or so early, dont forget a growth scan is only estimate to x

I'm worried he's too big lol.
He's been measuring big all along but he's the size of a 37-38 week baby at 34 weeks. My son weighed 8lb 11oz in 2009 but this is bloody huge lol.
I've asked for a c section as I'm worried about giving birth to this one

I had a scan at 32 wks, baby was measuring 38 wks! I'm terrified I'm going to go into labour and baby won't fit through the pelvis.

What did they say when you asked for a c section? I'm going to speak to the midwife about an early induction.

Hi, at my 34 week scan baby was measuring 38 weeks and estimated weight was 6lb8oz which brought a tear to my eye as my ds was only 6.3 at term lol was told if he continued at this growth rate will be looking at around 8lb11oz :cry:

Well my consultant laughed, I said I'm not joking and I think she realised.
I had trouble with my first and almost got rushed for emergency c section, I had to be cut and things down there just aren't the same, and this baby is even bigger.
I know c section is not easy, long recovery, major operation etc but this time I feel i want it.
There was some information recently they said that women can opt for a c section If they wanted to and shouldn't be refused. It was being published this month, apparently if your consultant doesn't want to authorise it they have to transfer your care to somebody that will.
I feel I have more of a valid reason, it's not like I haven't given birth before. Last time I had a dural puncture too which was worse than the labour!

My first was 8lb 11oz. This one is on track to be 10lbs!!

My baby was estimated to be 6lbs 5oz at 34 weeks which is about 3 weeks larger. I see a consultant tomorrow as my placenta is close but not covering the os and though it's been mentioned that I may get another scan to check growth it hasn't been suggested that i'll need a C-section or to be induced early. I don't think they tend to do these just for a big baby, there usually has to be another factor such as gestational diabetes.

At my 37 week growth scan my LO was estimated between 8lbs 7oz-9lbs7oz....my first was 8lbs 6oz I go tomorrow and I'm going to ask for an induction I had a 4th degree episiotomy with my first and a forcept delivery and I'd prefer not to have one again.

My second daughter measured big at her ultrasounds. At 36+5 she measured 8lb. She was born at 37+6 and was only 7lb 3oz. So a whole 2 pounds smaller then they thought she would be that week. I now believe everyone who told me growth scans arent always accurate.

34 weeks is when I had my first scan for weight, as I have GD, and the baby was estimated large at 6lb 10oz. But I have another growth scan this Friday, because my doctor likes to make sure before they make any decisions and will do another at 37 weeks. The scans can be off plus or minus. :)

Not sure what the measurements mean, but at my 29 week scan my baby was measuring 3lbs 11 ounces, which is average for a 32 week baby, so already 3 weeks ahead, that would put him around 10lbs if I went to full term or even a little over due. I know my dates are off by a week or so. I don't blame you, perhaps ask for another growth scan to double check before finalizing a c-section. I have a small frame and small bone structure, so the thought of giving birth naturally to a large baby freaks me out.

My measurements were the same at 34wks and yes they told me 10lb baby too:shock:

My baby was 6lb 4 est at 33 weeks. Now looking 7lb5 ish with estimated birth weight circa 11lbs though I have gd and only just found out x hope that they're a little out on your measurements x

i naturally produce large babies and i am not a large person. I am only 5ft 3in. My first was 9lb2 2nd was 7lb 15(she was a day early though and i had a section) and my 3rd was 10lb 5 and she was a breeze to deliver i am expected to have a large baby again and had a growth scan at 29 weeks she was measuring on average 3lbs 6oz i got another scan at 37 weeks to check her position and her measurements again but as long as she is head down then I am going natural all the way xx

With Liam, at a 34 week scan to check my placenta they also checked his growth and he was 6lb8oz. I asked if this was normal as seemed big to me and the sonographer said everything was fine, didn't mention that he was big for his gestation.

Anyways, he was born at 39 weeks weighing 9lb7oz!!! God only knows what this one will be! :/

Personally I try not to take much notice of this stuff - my son was measuring big in the head and tummy dept. all the way through - we had scans at 28w, 32w and 36w. At 36w he was estimated to be 6lbs 4ozs. He was born at 41+5 (12 days late if that's right!) and he weighed a tiny 7lbs 6ozs.

We had a scan last week and our little girl is measuring big in the tummy dept. (although not off the scale!) and approx. weight 5lbs, 10ozs. I was 34+1 at the scan.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"